DevOps Consultant (Containers)
Computacenter are looking for a proven DevOps Engineer with knowledge of container platforms, to be an integral part of our enterprise containers proposition and help accelerate our customers adoption of enterprise container platforms. We are seeking an engaging team player, ideally with hands-on experience of building and operating container platforms (specifically Docker and Red Hat OpenShift), and leveraging the Opensource ecosystem to build application deployment pipelines.
You will be responsible for providing expertise to deliver, operate and automate container platforms and associated ecosystem tools that meet the needs of our Customer’s business requirements. The role requires an individual who is capable of keeping up to speed with this fast evolving area of IT.
- Serve as a technical point of contact in the delivery of container platforms and technically input to the design and implementation of solutions
- Involved in working closely with customers to ensure you understand their requirements, and implement solutions delivered to meet these requirements
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Ensure that engagement with support departments is undertaken during implementation work.
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years of Hands on Delivery / Implementation related work with Docker Enterprise, Red Hat OpenShift or other Kubernetes based container platforms is essential.
- Proven DevOps Specialist, although you may have relevant skills but working in a Site Reliability position.
- Strong understanding of container runtime, orchestrator, networking and storage concepts.
- Solid Linux system administration skills ideally with RHCSA and/or RHCE or equivalent - although this is not mandatory
- Windows Server 2016 experience a bonus as is Hyper-V exposure.
- Shell and/or PowerShell scripting experience is essential.
- Experience of containerising applications or application assessment methods is desirable.
- Experience of one or more public cloud container solutions (ECS, AKS, GKE etc.) is desirable.
- Container development and build pipeline experience is desirable.
- Experience in applying agile methods and DevOps practices in building & running application deployment pipelines and software defined infrastructures
- Experience of CI/CD, SCM and automation tooling, (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Chef, Puppet, Terraform or Ansible)
Competitive + Benefits (incl Car Package)
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures