DevOps Consultant (Containers)
Computacenter are looking for a proven DevOps Engineer with knowledge of container platforms, to be an integral part of our enterprise containers proposition and help accelerate our customers adoption of enterprise container platforms. We are seeking an engaging team player, ideally with hands-on experience of building and operating container platforms (specifically Docker and Red Hat OpenShift), and leveraging the Opensource ecosystem to build application deployment pipelines.
You will be responsible for providing expertise to deliver, operate and automate container platforms and associated ecosystem tools that meet the needs of our Customer’s business requirements. The role requires an individual who is capable of keeping up to speed with this fast evolving area of IT.
- Serve as a technical point of contact in the delivery of container platforms and technically input to the design and implementation of solutions
- Involved in working closely with customers to ensure you understand their requirements, and implement solutions delivered to meet these requirements
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Ensure that engagement with support departments is undertaken during implementation work.
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years of Hands on Delivery / Implementation related work with Docker Enterprise, Red Hat OpenShift or other Kubernetes based container platforms is essential.
- Proven DevOps Specialist, although you may have relevant skills but working in a Site Reliability position.
- Strong understanding of container runtime, orchestrator, networking and storage concepts.
- Solid Linux system administration skills ideally with RHCSA and/or RHCE or equivalent - although this is not mandatory
- Windows Server 2016 experience a bonus as is Hyper-V exposure.
- Shell and/or PowerShell scripting experience is essential.
- Experience of containerising applications or application assessment methods is desirable.
- Experience of one or more public cloud container solutions (ECS, AKS, GKE etc.) is desirable.
- Container development and build pipeline experience is desirable.
- Experience in applying agile methods and DevOps practices in building & running application deployment pipelines and software defined infrastructures
- Experience of CI/CD, SCM and automation tooling, (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Chef, Puppet, Terraform or Ansible)
- Software Defined Networking experience (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX-T etc.) is desirable.
- Software Defined Storage experience (Gluster, Ceph, StorageOS, ONTAP etc.) is desirable.
- Experience of VMware vSphere is desirable, as is Red Hat KVM
Competitive + Benefits (incl Car Package)
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.