DevOps Consultant (Containers)
Computacenter are looking for a Principal Consultant with good experience of container platforms, to be an integral part of our enterprise containers proposition, and help accelerate our customers adoption of enterprise container platforms. We are seeking an engaging team player, with hands-on experience of building and operating container platforms (specifically Docker and Red Hat OpenShift), and leveraging the Opensource ecosystem to build application deployment pipelines.
You will be responsible for providing expertise to deliver, operate and automate container platforms and associated ecosystem tools that meet the needs of our Customer’s business requirements. The role requires an individual who is capable of keeping up to speed with this fast evolving area of IT.
- Serve as a technical point of contact in the delivery of container platforms and technically input to the design and implementation of solutions
- Involved in working closely with customers to ensure you understand their requirements, and implement solutions delivered to meet these requirements
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Ensure that engagement with support departments is undertaken during implementation work.
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years of Hands on Delivery / Implementation related work with Docker Enterprise, Red Hat OpenShift or other Kubernetes based container platforms is essential.
- Strong understanding of container runtime, orchestrator, networking and storage concepts.
- Solid Linux system administration skills ideally with RHCSA and/or RHCE or equivalent.
- Windows Server 2016 experience a bonus as is Hyper-V exposure.
- Shell and/or PowerShell scripting experience is essential.
- Experience of containerising applications or application assessment methods is desirable.
- Experience of one or more public cloud container solutions (ECS, AKS, GKE etc.) is desirable.
- Container development and build pipeline experience is desirable.
- Experience in applying agile methods and DevOps practices in building & running application deployment pipelines and software defined infrastructures
- Experience of CI/CD, SCM and automation tooling, (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Chef, Puppet, Terraform or Ansible)
- Software Defined Networking experience (Cisco ACI, VMware NSX-T etc.) is desirable.
- Software Defined Storage experience (Gluster, Ceph, StorageOS, ONTAP etc.) is desirable.
- Experience of VMware vSphere is desirable, as is Red Hat KVM
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.