Desktop Support Analyst
A leading IT service provider has a job requirement for a Desktop Support Analyst to join their growing team in Nottingham. Our client, who operate in over 70 countries and have over 10,000 employees in Europe alone, are Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services who implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of vendors to manage their technology infrastructure on their client’s behalf. However, the most important part of their company are the services they provide, which is where you come in.
In your new job as a Desktop Support Analyst in Nottingham you will be responsible for:
· Perform a complex range of technical work activities either remotely or at customer site to meet business and customer requirements.
· Coordinate small teams delivering basic work packages in line with company process to meet business and customer requirements.
· Provide Technical Leadership in own specific area of expertise.
· Document and reports on work completed to ensure compliance with Company and Customer Procedures.
· Contribute to the development of technical procedures and standards to meet business and customer requirements.
· Escalate issues in line with company processes to ensure customer demands are met.
· Able to communicate on complex issues to meet business and customer requirements to avoid escalations.
· Evaluate escalations and resolve appropriately to ensure customer demands are met.
· Provide customer service to internal and external customers to ensure consistent experience.
· Ability to adapt quickly to dynamic team environments to maintain consistent effective contribution.
· Identify own development needs in line with business objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- 18 months 1st line support experience, with demonstrable experience of resolving incidents for a large corporate customer
- Understanding of Corporate IT Environments and their relationship to users of the IT Infrastructure
- Committed to customer satisfaction and ownership of issues
- Experience of supporting Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 including Outlook
- Experience with supporting remote workers across a VPN
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to resolving complex problems and assignments.
- Takes initiative in identifying and negotiating appropriate development opportunities.
- Able to define and follow instructions and procedures
- Proven experience in IT Service environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to absorb and apply technical information.
- Able to support colleagues at a junior level to impart knowledge and support
- Provide support to the Team Leader with required
Desktop Support Analyst Job
Pay rate: £10.00 - £12.30 per hour
Hours: Full time Mon-Sun 7am-7pm shift Rota
Contract length: Temporary /Permanent
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.