If you’ve set your heart on a career in IT Applications join Computacenter as a Design Consultant in Hatfield and you’ll find, there’s everything in place for you to realise your ambitions.
We’ve become Europe’s leading independent provider of IT services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So, you’ll know exactly what’s expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we’ll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop.
The design and provision part of our team is responsible for the design, architecture, solution integration, provisioning and documentation of new IT services or expanding our existing services to new customers.
This is both a challenging and rewarding environment, in summary we have several thousand colleagues providing key services via Privileged Access Management and Workplace Virtualisation spread over 1,000+ servers in UK and EU Datacentres.
- Analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data to recommend solutions
- End to end design and/or implementation of solutions
- To give guidance to technical staff within an assignment to achieve appropriate outcome and deliverables
- Work as part of a larger team on larger solutions to ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders across Computacenter
- Attend Customer facing meetings to ensure understanding of customer requirements and knowledge transfer
- Adhere to administrative processes in line with company guidelines
- Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation
Project Based Duties (70%)
- Work as part of an operational team to design and deliver complex solutions either as lead specialist or project team technical resource
- Actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Guides clients on a project level towards accepting viable and valid system solutions which involve changes to working conditions and practices, showing understanding, imagination and creativity
- In designing such solutions, pays full regard to both internal and external standards and requirements such as audit standards and data protection.
- Adhering to management standards, security standards, good practice and legislation
- Deliver project/service and support take-on documentation using appropriate mix of text versus graphics
- Produce ad-hoc Technical proposals suggesting improvements to the IT Solutions
Support and Administration Duties (30%)
- Create, maintain and manage the writing of and update of solution standards in their area of expertise
- Investigates and diagnoses complex end-to-end problems, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate
- Assist with the Selection of appropriate standard procedures and tools
- Carries out defined tasks associated with the planning, installation, upgrade, operation, control and maintenance of our services
- Ensuring all documentation is updated throughout the solutions lifecycle
- Providing in-depth Technical Support, mentoring and coaching to all team members
- Act as technical advisory to other team members. E.g. suggest resolution to operational issues using all information available
- Liaise with other teams within IS to resolve wider operational technical issues around the CC GIS infrastructure
- Being pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems or products
- Can propose solutions within the scope of own expertise which fully take into account the needs of all those who will come into contact with the operational products
- Shows initiative and ensures general business and technical competencies, and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments
- Proactively shares information with and seeks advice from others
- Effective delivery of assignments using Computacenter's methodologies
- Achievement of customer satisfaction target’s
- Delivery of quality solutions
- Successful handover of technology to internal or customer support function
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Relevant technical experience within IT Industry
- Relevant qualification or accreditation in one technology
- Knowledge and experience of current/relevant technology area and business applications
- Ability to input into technical solution designs and provide input into project and technical documents
- Knowledge of the business benefits that technical solutions can provide
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to act as part of a project team, negotiation skills
- Excellent time management skills
Nice to Have
- CyberArk (Exposure/Knowledge) highly beneficial
- CITRIX (Exposure/Knowledge) beneficial
- Customer Communications/Presentation Skills
- Document Writing Skills (Designs, Standards and Proposals)
- Visio technical drawing for documenting technical designs and creating diagram for customer facing documents
- HP Wintel Hardware (DL360/380/c-Class Blade) Technologies
- Windows 2008 and above Skills/Knowledge
- VM Ware 5.x and above Skills/Knowledge
- LAN/WAN technologies
- Knowledge of Firewalls
- Knowledge of IP routing and Cisco NAT
- DR Concepts
- Load Balancing Technologies
- Terminal Sever technologies
- SFTP and FTP Knowledge
- Eracent Asset Management Knowledge
- Citrix NetScaler
- Certificates & CA’s
Competitive + Benefits package
About the Company
About The Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Computacenter provides user support, supply chain management, and secure provision of applications and data to support individual working styles and improve collaboration. To achieve this, we assist with consulting as well as the implementation and operation of networks and datacenter infrastructures on or off customers’ premises and in the cloud.
Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa, Asia and the Americas from which our employees provide user support in 30 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.