Deputy Company Secretary
What the role is:
As the Deputy Company Secretary at Computacenter plc you will join a small yet busy FTSE 250 company secretarial team at a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions.
A candidate is sought to provide all listed Company Secretarial function activities, which include Board and sub-committee support, statutory and regulatory compliance, preparation of the governance sections of the annual report, support, legal entities management and ensuring the Company is meeting its corporate responsibility requirements.
This is a stimulating new role for a Deputy Company Secretary to gain a breadth of exposure within the Company Secretarial function of a growing FTSE 250 company. Reporting directly to the Company Secretary, this is an exciting opportunity to join an international technology company where you will be able to directly enhance and improve the overall governance framework. The fast-moving nature of the business will require a first-rate Chartered Secretary with a flexible and pro-active approach.
The Secretariat team works in a flexible and communicative style, balancing the complex statutory needs of our business with the fast paced and ever-changing nature of our industry. This role will suit someone who is passionate about self-development and looking for further career progression in this field.
Provision of the full spectrum of Company Secretarial services, including board facing responsibilities, statutory and regulatory compliance, governance and best practice advice
Where you’ll fit in:
- Assuming the duties of the No.2 in the department you will use your knowledge and experience to improve the overall governance and compliance frameworks that the Secretariat contribute to whilst ensuring the business as usual running of the department continues.
- You will work to build relationships with the international operations of the ensuring a broad Group Secretariat.
- You self-starting nature and organisational abilities will improve the service to the Board and its Committees.
How you’ll be measured:
You’ll have clear targets which will be set and discussed regularly. These are likely to include objective measures of customer satisfaction and delivery quality
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll know:
- You will have extensive experience of working in the Company Secretarial Department of a UK public listed company, preferably FTSE 350.
- You will be degree and ICSA qualified ensuring that you have the required background to represent a public limited company.
- You may be a qualified solicitor or barrister, although this is not essential.
- You will have a strong knowledge of company law and a sound grasp of current corporate governance requirements.
- You’ll be an expert in Blueprint Oneworld.
- You will have previously used a Board Portal, preferably Diligent Boards.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office programs including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience of management of equity schemes such as Sharesave and LTIP an advantage.
What you’ll also be:
- You will possess strong operational attention to detail with the ability to work quickly and effectively and prioritise well to manage the demands and workloads of a fast-moving environment.
- You have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
- You exhibit personal leadership whilst enjoy working as part of a team.
- You must possess gravitas and professionalism but be able to flex your style to suit a variety of stakeholders and have an ability to communicate and work with people and manage relationships with peers and senior corporate colleagues with an appropriate style of communication at all levels of an organisation.
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and Board members; and integrity and discretion when handling confidential information or sensitive issues.
- Highly organised and focused on the smooth and timely delivery of the Company Secretarial function.
Forward looking to support a growing organisation and manage the changing governance requirements with an ethical, collaborative approach.
Deputy Company Secretary
Competitive + Benefits including contributory pension, bonus, share purchase scheme and life insurance
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.