Customer Operational Architect
An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join Computacenter as a Customer Operational Architect. The successful individual will be working with key strategic managed service customers to be the primary technical point of contact delivering governance, strategy and innovation. The role is pivotal in bridging the gap between business problems and technology solutions, so your ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation will be a valuable asset as you navigate across both Computacenter and Customer environments to become the trusted advisor.
This is an extremely important, highly demanding and visible role within the organisation. You will need to have demonstrable expertise in a managed service operating model as well as the ability to holistically understand and articulate a supportable technology infrastructure and the business requirements it enables.
- Service Enablement
- Build strong influential relationships in order to guide customer strategy and its impacts with the aim of becoming a trusted advisor
- Ensure that the technology infrastructure is supported and input the strategic investments for Computacenter to meet the future customer demand
- Identify risk, issues and make recommendations to improve stability
- Technical Governance
- Architectural governance of projects to ensure managed service requirements are adhered to and change impacts are understood
- Be the voice of Computacenter at customer technical review boards
- Understand the operating model of services and technology delivered to allow you to be the technical point of contact across the infrastructure environment for both Computacenter and customer stakeholders
- Strategy & Innovation
- Track and communicate the technology debt with the associated risks and impacts through a Lifecycle Roadmap
- Translate business drivers, risks, Computacenter capabilities and technology evolution and transformation into a customer journey through a Strategic roadmap.
- Promote and deliver Advisory Services and Innovation Days aligned to the Technology Strategy working across Computacenter and its partners
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful you will have significant and demonstrable experience in...
- Managed services - at least 5 years preferred
- Effective delivery of a service outcome
- Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction
- Improving a service reputation with customers, vendors, partners and internal audience
- Delivery of quality, added-value solutions
- Pull-through business on managed Service accounts
- Datacentre environment - preferably 3 or more than current/relevant area of technology and its business application
Ideally, you will also have held relevant positions within the IT industry including experience in a consultative role and have in depth knowledge of one particular market sector. Your communication and negotiation skills are excellent and are able to present large internal and external audiences. You preferably have demonstrable ability to provide input into commercial or technical documents and to develop solution specific business cases as well as deal with sensitive customer issues and lead large technical teams.
We would welcome experience of working across multiple market sectors along with an awareness of complex multi-technology solutions and their interactions. The ability to present at Board level as well as an understanding of Computacenter's service offerings is also highly desirable.
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Competitive + Car + Benefits
Location - Can be based from London, Nottingham or Birmingham - must be willing to travel
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Computacenter provides user support, supply chain management, and secure provision of applications and data to support individual working styles and improve collaboration. To achieve this, we assist with consulting as well as the implementation and operation of networks and datacenter infrastructures on or off customers’ premises and in the cloud.
Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa, Asia and the Americas from which our employees provide user support in 30 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.