Consultant UC – MS Lync/Skype
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a technical consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Messaging & Collaboration Consultancy Practice within Computacenter, with a strong focus on Microsoft traditional and Cloud Technologies including Skype for Business, Lync, Microsoft Teams, and Office 365. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK. The Consultants will deliver Post Sales technical consultancy to our customers, undertaking delivery/implementation engagements, as well as providing assistance during Pre-sales qualification, providing bid response and also early design to consultancy engagements.
As a client facing consultant you need proven skills in implementing Microsoft traditional and cloud infrastructure platforms to either large-scale private or public sector organisations.
Our Consultancy Practice mission is ‘to be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT consultancy services in terms of capability, delivery outcomes and the professional development of our people’. Supported by our core values of ‘Putting Customers First, Being Straightforward, Keeping Promises, Understanding People Matter, Considering the Long Term and Inspiring Success’ which promote our ‘Winning Together’ culture.
Year-on-year we invest significantly in the development of our people and services, covering technical and professional training, vendor accreditation and the creation of new and innovative services and solutions for our customers. People development is a core part of our organisational DNA, and many of our most senior consultants have progressed their careers through the ranks, supported by the exceptional training on offer, and all reinforced by our long standing accreditation as an Investor in People, for which we were recently upgraded to Silver status.
Joining this exciting team will open opportunities for you to contribute to both our business and our propositions; we believe Computacenter provides unrivalled scope to advance your career and develop your professional skills
- Attend Customer opportunity/strategy meetings, including presenting solutions from a commercial, technical and business perspective
- Assist with the qualification of designs and opportunities
- Provide appropriate contribution during the pre-sales process
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending and advising of solutions and remediation
- Technically manage the design and implementation of solutions
- Ensure consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using our formal methodologies
- Highlight all technical risks so that any Computacenter's exposure to commercial loss can be minimised
- Responsible for the quality of technical deliverables produced on customer engagements
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Produce/update all assignment documentation
- Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and Computacenter's sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors, Sales Specialists)
The Ideal Candidate
Consultant - Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience with Microsoft Skype for Business / Lync including Enterprise Voice
- Demonstrable experience integrating technologies to form collaborative working solutions
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level Skype for Business technical workshops, and awareness of current market trends and competitive insights
- Strong proven Office 365 experience including Hybrid infrastructure design and Implementation/Migration
- Proven enterprise scale design, implementation and configuration of Microsoft Lync, Skype for Business, Skype for Business Online migrations including all versions from Lync 2010 upwards with MCITP or MCSE Communications/Productivity certifications
- Proven capability across the Office 365 workloads (including Skype for Business)
- Cisco Jabber
- Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with other UC&C technologies and vendors (video conferencing, digital signage, IPT, etc.)
- Ability to work with senior leadership to set realistic program goals and metrics. Comfortable presenting to senior leadership.
- Significant experience with Unified Communications (UC) solutions, preferably Skype for Business, Lync, Exchange, Active Directory and a strong knowledge of IP/PBX systems and components.
Consultant – UC
Competitive Salary + Car + Pension + Sharesave + Training (including conferences)
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.