As part of our journey to become Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers' infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
To design and implement technically, commercially and logistically innovative solutions and services for the provision of products and product related services to our customers enabling sustainable growth.
Leveraging world class product, commercial and market expertise to differentiate Computacenter and enable our customers to accelerate their outcomes
- Overall responsibility for the development of a solution design that matches customer requirements as well as Computacenter core business capability, financial returns, and other approval criteria.
- Set bid strategies, including identification of partnering opportunities and no bid scenarios
- Represent the customer perspective in the qualification and creation of new differentiating propositions and drive the overall solution and propose innovative solutions that match demonstrable CC capability
- Leadership of the design team and coordination of activities across the ISPs
- Maximise the opportunities to utilise core technology sourcing capabilities and associated services with the Shared Service Factory and other core propositions
- Oversee the creation, and be a key member of the team, delivering presentations and supporting bid material in accordance with client and CC timescales
- Engage with the customer in a consultative approach, building trust and credibility into the solution and CC as a brand through the effective articulation of overall value, ROI, and all key benefits that support the clients internal business case
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders: sales, proposition owners, service delivery, and other internal service providers, as well as key suppliers third party resources
- Maximise cohesive approach to solution creation for prospect/target client, through communication, guidance and steering of all stake holders to ensure commercial risks and opportunities within the solution represent best value to CC and the client
- Drive the commercial negotiation around the deal, identifying risks and mitigating these through customer dependencies and contractual assumptions
Work alongside the Sales Specialists, Framework specialists, Group Technology Sourcing and/or the Client Director to ensure internal review and approval processes are followed and used effectively Ensure transparent handover to service delivery teams of contract, and other supporting information whilst tracking against deliverables stated in the Bid process
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of sales processes including bidding, deal structures, negotiations and closures
- Proven ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels and to influence sales team and customer through sound and well-structured thought processes, supported where necessary with articulate and concise written and analytical work
- Understanding of contracts, terms and service contract structures for clients and external partners including vendors.
- Excellent understanding of Computacenter market strategy and portfolio as well as in depth understanding of end-to-end infrastructure managed services, ideally with a shared services component
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to present at large internal and external audiences
- Good working knowledge of relevant commercial tools and systems e.g. cost & pricing tools, maintenance & logistics, resource planning and project planning.
- Ability to analyse situations and make decisions based on limited information and prioritise effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise own workload
- Experience in project management disciplines
- Advanced academic background, preferably to good degree level or equivalent
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Good Administrative experience, attention to detail and accuracy
Good interpersonal, literacy and numeracy skills and ability to build relationships
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.