Computacenter is the largest leading Value Added Reseller (VAR) in the UK with revenues in excess of £3.25 billion a year. Our Group Partner Management division is one of the core mechanisms that assists driving this Global organisation to grow and constantly achieve their annual revenue target. If you’ve set your heart on a career as a Category Manager in a highly motivated and industry leading team, then join our growing Group Partner Management team and manage our Security and Physical Infrastructure category. Our team is based in the Hatfield Head office with over 1,500 staff and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to realise your ambitions in this growing industry.
We’ve become Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So you’ll know exactly what’s expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we’ll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop.
As a Category Manager at Computacenter you will be responsible for driving product sales and profitability by executing on business plans, market dynamics, incentives and regular communications. In addition you will be responsible for margin management and driving team performance as well as maintaining an opportunity pipeline by closing working with the sales teams. The role will also require a detailed understanding of all available commercial programmes and will entail full ownership of the P&L for your business area.
- Identify sales opportunity pipeline, working with Computacenter account and specialist teams
- Deliver improved commercial terms with key suppliers through tender response and day to day engagement
- Drive innovation in engaging suppliers early in the sales cycle to deliver better commercial and service outcomes
- Identify and sign new technology partners in line with our strategy
- Articulate the value of Computacenter to our vendor Partners, ensuring we are their chosen route to the enterprise market
- Attend P&L review meetings to understand current month / QTD / YTD performance, forecast margin performance and support balance sheet management
- Work with internal stakeholders across the business to drive continual process improvement and month end operational support
- Proactively work within Product Managers on specialist business projects that drive value and quality of service improvements
- Work with account teams/sales specialists/commercial managers/consultants to capture risks, assumptions, volumes and limitations to ensure appropriate contractual cover
- Form strong relationships with senior Computacenter stakeholders in line with overall company commercial objectives
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will have previous Category Management or sales experience within IT industry (preferably Security and Physical Infrastructure), “make it happen” approach, be delivery focused with a previous track record of success. Also we are looking for strong relationship building (internally/externally) skills, excellent commercial acumen with good knowledge of contract law and experience of negotiating and managing supplier contracts.
Group Partner Management vision:
To be the obvious partner of choice for Vendors selling to enterprise customers.
To enable market-leading commercial solutions for our sales and delivery teams.
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.