An opportunity has arisen for a Buyer Planner in the UK Parts team within the Global Service Support and Enablement (GSE) department. GSE is responsible for the planning and management of all services stock bought and repaired to deliver contracted maintenance services to Computacenter’s customers. As a Buyer Planner you will be managing a range of suppliers across the Group (UK, France & Germany) to plan and procure the IT spare parts that are used to deliver the various customer SLAs (e.g. 4hr, 8hr and next day). You will collaborate with multiple teams within the supply chain in each country operation to ensure an on-time delivery of a quality part to the end user which emphasises the importance of the high level of customer service required for this role.
- Supplier performance management (service reviews meetings, statistics analysis)
- Identifying continual service improvement opportunities
- Reactively sourcing spare parts for same and next day requirements
- Proactively sourcing spare parts for stock replenishment
- Negotiating price and condition for all spare part purchases
- Invoice & warehouse query resolution
- Generate stock plans from business tools to identify stock replenishment requirements for central warehouses in UK, France and the multiple regional storage locations in each country
- Review new business wins and decide on the use of existing spare part stock or whether a new purchase is required
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will come from a Purchasing, Planning and/or Logistics background with excellent negotiation and communication skills. They must be inquisitive, logical and dynamic in their approach and self-motivated with a high attention to detail. The ability to bring together and identify multiple pieces information from varied sources will be essential.
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.