Business Management (IT Services) Industrial Placement
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We advise customers on their IT strategy and implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. The Service Management dept are responsible for managing the in life contracted services to all our customers. We engage directly with our customers to ensure Computacenter delivers on our contractual commitments, whilst making sure our services are aligned to meet our customer’s business needs.
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our Service Management division for a 13 month placement prior to completing the final degree year. Based on customer sites across the UK and in our Head Office, this placement will put you right at the heart of our business, delivering a consistent service to them and seeing how our in-life contractual services operates. We are looking for students to be based in various locations throughout the UK including, but not limited to, Hatfield, London, Milton Keynes and Manchester.
WHAT WILL I GAIN FROM THE PROGRAMME?
• A specific role adding value to the business as well as individual project
• Structured development programme
• Opportunity to gain an industry recognised qualifications
• ‘Hands-on’ experience in a fast paced environment which will provide an opportunity to learn how IT services are delivered, learning from experts in their fields.
• Exposure to a global corporate environment with an opportunity to work with colleagues across the world (e.g. Spain, France, Germany, South Africa)
• Opportunity to work with large, well-known customers in their corporate offices dependent on role offered.
The Ideal Candidate
WHAT CRITERIA DO I NEED TO MEET TO APPLY?
We’re seeking individuals who are on track for at least a 2:1 honours degree, in any subject, and are in the penultimate year of their degree.
In terms of characteristics we are looking for applicants who:
• Are driven and committed to provide outstanding levels of service.
• Have good financial and commercial acumen.
• Enjoy team collaboration and can build good working relationships at all levels.
• Can adapt to situations and step out of their comfort zone to solve problems and make decisions.
• Contribute confidently ideas and suggestions on how we can be more innovative.
• Are organised with the ability to learn and analyse information quickly.
• Bring theoretical learnings from their studies and put into practice with
Comptacenter’s Service Management team.
• You don’t need to have any previous work experience or specific IT knowledge to apply.
• We accept applications from all degree disciplines not just IT as this is a business placement not a technical IT placement.
• The role is not technical and does not involve any computer programming or development
Hatfield, London, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Manchester
About the Company
We’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in joining our
programme. Please submit your CV by 4 January 2019.
If you are looking for a new opportunity, or know somebody who is, then APPLY NOW!
For more information and to apply please visit: www.computacenter.com/careers