Business Information Security Officer
We are a global IT services provider, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Business Information Security Officer and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
Our Office of the CISO is responsible for the security management of the organisation’s information assets and those of our customers. Our aim is to simplify the implementation, operation and verification of information assurance processes, technology and standards enabling our partners to pursue strategic opportunities securely.
Continued growth means we are again looking to add to our team of Information Security specialists.
You’ll join the Office of the CISO team, working as a Business Information Security Officer, on site at our office in the Home Counties. The Business Unit Information Security Officer is a senior role, reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer, working with C-Level stakeholders across business divisions. You’ll be a single point of contact for our internal customers and will coordinate the supporting activities of the wider security team. You’ll be front and centre within one of our business units to act as a representative of the Office of the CISO for the strategic direction of the business unit.
Supported by a team of Information Security Officers, you will engage with the business to understand their strategy, consult on strategic programmes and provide advice and guidance to enable the business to meet their strategic goals in a secure manner. You’ll be expected to understand their business, their key senior stakeholders and to drive our security programme to meet the challenges of that business unit. Drawing on other resources you will address their security governance requirements and ensure that security policy is implemented effectively within the business unit, supported by relevant security certifications.
You will be expected to understand the KPIs of the business unit, how security risks within the business unit affect those KPIs and to drive stakeholders to manage those risks and to implement the necessary activities to support commercial requirements. As our business units are global, you’ll be required to operate in a targeted and proactive fashion on an international scale
The Ideal Candidate
- Can lead by example and has credibility to inspire commitment and a positive attitude to Information Security.
- Promotes organisational thinking and alignment as well as target-oriented standards with an appropriate level of security compliance and business needs
- A proven ability to maintain open and constructive working relationships with high degrees of commitment and resilience
- Outstanding written and spoken communicative abilities, presentation and moderation skills
- Can interpret and apply complex technical information and able to explain security functionality from first principles
- Good decision-making skills and influence and persuasion skills
- Ability to deliver as a team and work alone
- Understands security operations from a people, process and technology perspective
- An understanding of business systems and cloud security, of secure applications lifecycle requirements and of infrastructure and operations security
- Ability to influence with integrity & negotiate sympathetically
- Initiation and independent running of improvements effectively
- Five to eight years’ experience in working within Information Security
- Experienced in major security incident management investigations
- Hold professional certifications such as CISM,CISSP, GSLC (GIAC)
- Strong knowledge of information security frameworks and standards such as ISO27001/2, PCI DSS, ITIL.
- Good working knowledge of legislative & regulatory requirements
- Understands performance measurements for IT security, monitors marketplace trends and experiences on security, audit and control issues
- Strong orientation in commercial and organisational business practices and procedures
- Ability to understand the pressures on an organisation’s strategy, the KPIs that drive them and the balance between information security risks and commercial opportunities
- Good working knowledge of core security technologies
- Ability to perform under high pressure and in a structured manner and to strict deadlines and address multiple activities at one time.
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.