Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Building Manager to join our Facilities team. The role is based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a pro-active and professional service ensuring Computacenter has the appropriate working environment.
- To lead and develop effectively a small Facilities Team on site achieving a "One Team" approach within the business.
- To assist the Head of Property in related Building projects and tasks Nationally.
- Audit the work agreed by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- To control and manage planned and preventative maintenance regimes.
- Manage hard & soft service contractors including cleaning, security, M&E
- To monitor performance and attendance of Team
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, storage, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling.
- To take responsibility for the management of office space, ensuring H&S compliance as well as optimisation of building.
- To manage ad hoc project works and emergency repairs.
- To assist in the management of Health and Safety.
- To identify and make recommendations for any areas of improvement in the FM, property and security functions.
The Ideal Candidate
- A number of years of facilities/ Building management knowledge
- M&E background
- Membership of BIFM
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent qualification
- Ability to work under pressure and use own initiative
- Experience of leading and delivering on successful workplace projects.
- A strong communicator and negotiator with good interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in contract tenders and re-tendering
- An understanding how to manage operational costings and budgets
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Be able to react to issues that arise instantaneously, with effectiveness and professionalism.
- Have versatility and flexibility in order to access the different locations when necessary.
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.