If you’ve set your heart on a career in Bid Management, join Computacenter as a Bid Manager in Hatfield/London on a permanent basis and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to succeed.
The Bid Management Team provide a Bid Management service to the business that follows the company bid process and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a bid to deliver comprehensive and complete documentation that meet our customers’ exact requirements.
Bid Project Management
- Preparation and planning of bid projects (bid team, bid plan, work packages, milestones, deadlines)
- Planning and management of bid internal communication in the bid team and with other key stakeholders in the organisation (working closely with the bid opportunity owner)
- Management of the virtual bid team and operational management of bid projects (in-time, in-quality, resource, deliverables) with the focus on the bid management of tasks in the bid team
- Planning and tracking of agreed internal and external bid delivery dates and ensuring completeness and consistency of the respective contributors within the bid team
Bid Document Management
- Preparation and implementation of activities for the development and documentation of bid strategy, differentiators, win themes, key messages and content for proposals and presentations
- Planning and ownership of the handling the documents (filing structure, naming conventions, responsibilities) including ownership of bid collaboration portal for document management and effective collaborative working
- Collects, prepares and integrates standard proposal content as well as customised bid content for the customer
- Responsible for the quality of offer documents and presentations (realisation of bid differentiation, format, spelling), taking into account the individuality of different customers
The Ideal Candidate
- Technical or commercial education, primarily education or adequate professional experience
- Familiar with bidding industry and best practice (i.e. APMP, Shipley)
- Assertive with strong organisational skills, able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to think creatively and find pragmatic solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – verbal and written – credible at all levels of the organisation and in different country contexts
- Strong business acumen with ability to use relevant company bid data sources
- Experience in the virtual bid team leadership (without disciplinary responsibility)
- Experienced in document creation, collaboration and management using Office 365 tools including SharePoint, MS Teams etc.
- APMP certification (or similar) or equivalent qualification
- German and or French language would be an advantage but not essential.
If you are interested in this position please apply today!
Location: Hatfield or London
Benefits: Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures