As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
If you’ve set your heart on a career in Bid Management, join Computacenter as a Bid Manager in Hatfield/London on a permanent basis and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to succeed.
- Preparation and planning of bids including resources, project plan, work packages, milestones, deadliness
- Planning and controlling of internal communication in the bid team and with other stakeholders in the organisation
- Management and controlling of the virtual team and operational management of bid projects (in-time, in-Quality, In-budget, resource, deliverables / Products) with the focus on the coordination of tasks in the Bid team as applicable
- Make sure that the relevant governance and approval processes take place within the bid lifecycle
- Tracking of agreed internal and external delivery dates and ensuring completeness and consistency of the content that will be submitted to the customer
- Monitoring and keeping track of the presales budget as applicable
- Preparation and implementation of activities for the development and documentation of bid strategy, differentiators, win themes, key messages and content for proposal and presentation
- Planning and controlling of the handling the documents (filing structure, naming conventions, responsibilities)
- Document management for the offer and contract to agreed standards Ensure deliverables and presentations meet company formatting and quality standards
- Collects, prepares and integrates standard proposal content as well as customized content for the customer
- Adaption of customer-specific references
- Support of customer specific campaigns, coordination of marketing support
- Closure of bid projects (provision of content for re-use into standard knowledge & bid libraries)
The Ideal Candidate
- Technical or commercial education, primarily education or adequate professional experience
- Experience with sales, proposal and contract processes
- Experience in project management
- Experience in document management using Office 365 tools including SharePoint
- Very good communication skills and safe, convincing appearance at management level
- High degree of self-responsible work and engagement
- Structured, purposeful way of working, even in critical situations
- Integrative skills and good social skills to lead projects
- Good working knowledge of Computacenter
- A good command of the written and spoken English language
- A good command of the written and spoken French and or German language
- APMP Foundation certification (or similar) or higher qualification
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.