Azure Consultant – DevOps Migration
Are you a Subject Matter Expert in Azure services and supporting technologies?
If so, we urgently require Consultants to support the delivery of Azure Services that meet our customer’s business requirements and to enable the migration or transformation of workloads into Azure.
The position focusses on both IaaS and PaaS involving hands-on delivery of foundational services such as Identity Management, Policies, Security, Cost Management and Tagging but also requires experience with more advanced services such as Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), App Service, Azure SQL, Web Apps and Functions.
Candidates should have experience with the native management tools included with Azure such as Azure Monitor, Cost Management, Security Center, Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery.
Familiarity with Azure DevOps, working with source code control management, a solid understanding of CI/CD pipelines and associated tools used for delivery is essential. Having practical experience with ARM templates, deploying infrastructure as code and generally working with scripts to configure solutions is required.
If you’re looking to advance your career with a focus on delivering Azure solutions to some of the UK’s largest enterprises, then this is the position for you.
These are exceptional career opportunities for proven Azure Consultants to join our rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice, and with exciting plans to further double the size of the practice over the next 3 years, this is a superb time to join us!
Our Consultancy Practice mission is ‘to be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT consultancy services in terms of capability, delivery outcomes and the professional development of our people’. Supported by our core values of ‘Putting Customers First, Being Straightforward, Keeping Promises, Understanding People Matter, Considering the Long Term and Inspiring Success’ which promote our ‘Winning Together’ culture.
Year-on-year we invest significantly in the development of our people and services, covering technical and professional training, vendor accreditation and the creation of new and innovative services and solutions for our customers. People development is a core part of our organisational DNA, and many of our most senior consultants have progressed their careers through the ranks, supported by the exceptional training on offer, and all reinforced by our long-standing accreditation as an Investor in People, for which we were recently upgraded to Silver status.
- Serve as a technical point of contact in the delivery of Azure services and technically input to the design and implementation of solutions
- Involved in working closely with customers to ensure you understand their requirements and implement solutions delivered to meet these requirements
- Developing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM)
- Be able to articulate, design and implement the foundational pillars of the Azure Scaffold such as Identity Management, Security, Cost Management and Policies
- Provide SME knowledge around the discovery and migration of applications into Azure
- Ensure that engagement with support departments is undertaken during implementation work
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of Hands on Delivery / Implementation related work around Azure
- Azure Architecture Review
- Azure Architecture (detailed level)
- Practical Migration Experience
- Automation/Tooling Experience
- SME Areas (AAD, Key Vault, Azure Networking, Subscriptions, Azure Policy etc)
- Azure Solution DevOps Engineer – Associate
Competitive - Car package + Benefits + Consultative and Technical Training
About the Company
Computacenter is a recognised leader of the IT services business with a unique vendor-independent, infrastructure-focussed perspective on the market. As part of a successful international group, with major offices across Europe and more recently in America, Computacenter continues to grow its market share and presence by sharing and collaborating across the wider group.
Computacenter UK continues to deliver successful solutions and services for our customers, with revenue circa £1.5bn - 35% of this is derived from Professional Services alone. Our revenue has been growing year-on-year and we have significant growth ambitions over the next three years.