Automation Consultant - vRA
Computacenter are looking for a contracted resource with an in-depth delivery understanding of cloud based architecture automation, specifically VMware vRealize Automation (vRA).
You will be responsible for providing vRA expertise to deliver infrastructure that meets our Customers’ business requirements within their overall IT strategy. The role will also involve staying at the forefront of new technologies and new vendors to ensure vRA integrates with these processes future-proofing our Customers’ designs.
You will be working within a Practice of 260 consultants.
- Serve as a technical point of contact in the delivery of VMware Realize Automation infrastructure and technically input to the design and implementation of automated solutions
- Work closely with customers to ensure you understand their automation requirements and implement solutions best suited to deliver these requirements
- Develop Blueprints and Workflows using vRA and vRealize Orchestrator
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments to gather data to help architects design new platforms for our clients
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Ensure that engagement with support departments is undertaken during implementation work.
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of Hands on Delivery / Implementation related work around vRA
- Strong understanding of core VMware infrastructure including vSphere, vRealize Suite, SRM, VSAN, NSX and Virtual Hardware
- An understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as IP subnets, security groups, NACLs, routing, firewalls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field - or very significant experience required
- VCP7-CMA / VCP6-DC Certification preferable
- Experienced in Ansible and Terraform
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures