Asset and Configuration Service Manager
The Asset and Configuration team are responsible for managing the Quality and Accuracy of the CMDB, which is key source of information, in many areas of the business and used to support their operations.
Quality, Accuracy and Reporting are a constant focus of the team in hand with continual improvement and operational efficiency.
We engage directly with our Service Management team to ensure Computacenter delivers on our contractual commitments, whilst ensuring our services are aligned to meet our customers’ business needs.
You will be responsible for delivering the contractual obligations of the Asset and Configuration service, for multiple (2 or 3) accounts
You will directly work with a team of technical analysts. You will operate within an effective governance model to make sure that your services deliver what we have promised to our customer and to our organisation.
You will be part of a friendly UK Services team based at either Hatfield or Nottingham (with occasional client visits) and looking after two or three of our prestigious customers
- Manage the delivery of Quality and Accurate data, into and from our CMDB
- Own production and delivery of agreed output (SMR) that reports on areas of contract obligations.
- Own output/adhoc reports that focus on areas of interest and value adds
- Look to continually improve both the efficiency & effectiveness of Asset and Configuration processes and services, adding value that is relevant to the customer throughout the contract lifecycle.
- Understand End to End, Asset and Configuration process for managed clients. Where these are not functioning as expected, ensure ownership in service restoration
- You’ll be able to relay any failures of process, to the process owners, with full understanding of impact with an understanding of what “good” looks like.
- Identify risks in Asset and Configuration service delivery. Assess commercial and quality implications and take measures to eliminate risk or avoid risks
- Use internal documentation and process to log, create audit trails and escalate service impacting Issues/Risks.
- Relationship Management
- You’ll be able to credibly present your service performance and improvement ideas to Service Management and possibly customer, talking at an appropriate level of detail.
- Be able to demonstrate understanding of our performance, what it means to our customer’s business, and what we’re doing to improve.
- You’ll work closely with other internal CC teams, that both use and support the Accuracy and Quality data in the CMDB,
- You’ll work closely with the Service Manager to ensure delivery to contract obligations and support the engagement strategy with the customer and other key stakeholders
- You may be a key interface to one or more key stakeholders within the customer organisation. You’ll ensure that you maintain a positive and constructive relationship to the benefit of both organisations.
- People Management
- Be responsible for the performance/outcome of analysts working to deliver the agreed output.
- Asset and Configuration Manager’s provide an advisory role within a specialist area to the peer group, customers and if applicable direct reports, participate in and co-ordinate projects relevant to specialist area,
- Contract Management
- Through Service management, you’ll support the development, negotiation and agreement of contract changes within the Customer account
- You’ll understand and deliver to the contract schedules that relate to your Asset and Configuration service. You’ll ensure compliance and manage exceptions.
- Value Add’s
- Constantly drive us to do better for our customer and our own organisation.
- You’ll use your contacts and insight to identify new ways in which Computacenter can add value to our customers.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Process – You’ll be able to understand and ensure governance is maintained to our end to end process flows
- Ownership – You’ll want to ensure that any issues/risks are managed to an agreed solution.
- Discipline Owner– Proven track record in managing one or multiple ITIL disciplines, to agreed outcomes/SLA’s
- Knowledge – Good working knowledge of Asset and Configuration or other ITIL discipline
- Motivated to succeed as a Team – You’ll know that success is about how teams work together, both within Computacenter and the customer.
- Curious – You’ll want to get to the root of issues, using both data and intuition appropriately. You’ll avoid “I think, I feel, it seems” as much as you can, in favour of “I know”.
- Collaborative – You’ll openly share ideas with colleagues across the team and Computacenter and you’ll contribute to initiatives that improve our organisation not necessarily exclusive to this discipline, or your account/s
- Inspiring – You’ll be a role model to more junior staff in team and support them in their growth.
- Creative – You’ll be able to come up with solutions to do better for our customers, for our company and ideally for both at the same time!
- Advocate Value – You’ll play an active role in the adoption & use of the Customer Value Framework, continually improving and adding value to Computacenter services delivered to the customer.
- Inclusive – You’ll be aware of & sensitive to both unconscious bias and cultural difference and role model a positive approach to building an inclusive working environment.
Hatfield or Nottingham
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.