Application Consultant (Containers)
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to support the pre-sales and delivery of its enterprise containers proposition. As a senior consulting role, the right candidates will be engaging and articulate IT professionals, with proven hands-on experience of developing business applications, using integrated build pipelines on enterprise container platforms, ideally experience with Docker Enterprise and Red Hat Openshift.
You will be responsible for engaging customer IT application stakeholders, to consult and help achieve enterprise container adoption, provide expertise on how to modernise applications, and integrate build pipelines into CaaS/PaaS platforms. The role requires an individual who can keep up to speed with this fast-evolving area of IT, work well with consulting and proposition teams to provide thought leadership in modernising, building & operating applications on container platforms, and the adoption of Opensource software & DevOps practices.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for customers application build and modernisation on container platforms and provide technical input to the design and implementation of solutions
- Consult and advise on complex enterprise container solutions, that support CaaS/PaaS adoption across Hybrid and Multi-Cloud provider infrastructures and services
- Work with sales and consulting peers to understand and assist customers in building open source adoption strategies, and evolving the use of DevOps practices
- Work with Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers to design and accelerate customer adoption of cloud and container technologies
- Involved in working closely with customers to ensure you understand their business needs, development practices and application architectures, with a view to modernising their build and run capabilities on cloud and container solutions
- Assist in pre-sales for Cloud and container adoption, to provide advice and insights in modernising applications and building cloud native application architectures
- Act as the customer engagement point in understanding applications architectures and their build or decomposition, and to direct central development teams to execute and test changes
- Provide hands-on support in modernising applications and proving application build pipeline automation
- Prepare, attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Work with sales and consulting peers to improve current and develop future service offerings and value propositions
The Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years using automated application build and deployment pipelines integrated with Docker Enterprise, Red Hat Openshift or other Kubernetes based container platforms
- Good technical skills and knowledge if operating systems (Linux or Windows)
- Understanding of container runtime, orchestrator, networking and storage concepts.
- Experience of one or more public cloud container solutions (ECS, AKS, and GKE etc.) is desirable.
- Knowledge of systems monitoring and management tools for application running on public cloud services (eg, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Azure’s - Monitor, Log Analytics, Application Insights etc...)
- Experience of CI/CD, SCM and automation tooling, (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Git and Ansible)
- Experienced in building micro services architectures and building cloud native applications
- Experience in using applications discovery and analysis tools, and carrying out hands-on decomposition and modernisation would be beneficial
- Technical knowledge of Red Hat Openshift Container Platform and using its developer build and deployment tools would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of application security best practices, and methods required to secure automated pipelines and operations.
- Familiar with container security tools (eg, OpenSCAP, AquaSec, Twistlock, Sysdig, Red Hat Quay)
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 14,700 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues £3.79 billion again an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.