Application Consultant (Containers)
Computacenter are building on their heritage of enterprise data centre transformation services, and become a leading EMEA partner for Red Hat and Docker. We currently seek an experienced Full Stack Developer to support both the pre-sales and delivery of its enterprise containers proposition. As a senior consultant, you will be an engaging and articulate IT professionals, with proven hands-on experience of developing business applications, using integrated build pipelines on enterprise container platforms, ideally experience with Docker Enterprise and Red Hat OpenShift.
You will be responsible for engaging customer IT application stakeholders, to consult and help achieve enterprise container adoption, provide expertise on how to modernise applications, and integrate build pipelines into CaaS/PaaS platforms. The role requires an individual who can keep up to speed with this fast-evolving area of IT, work well with consulting and proposition teams to provide thought leadership in modernising, building & operating applications on container platforms, and the adoption of Opensource software & DevOps practices.
Who are we?
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures.
Computacenter’s Consultancy Practice Cloud Team benefit from key, long term Partnerships with the likes of Microsoft (Gold Partner) , AWS (official partner of the AWS Well-Architected programme) and RedHat (Premier Partner); designing and delivering the very latest Cloud computing solutions to our enterprise customers.
Containers Application Consultant - Your Tasks:
- Serve as a technical point of contact for customers application build and modernisation on container platforms and provide technical input to the design and implementation of solutions
- Consult and advise on complex enterprise container solutions, that support CaaS/PaaS adoption across Hybrid and Multi-Cloud provider infrastructures and services
- Work with sales and consulting peers to understand and assist customers in building open source adoption strategies, and evolving the use of DevOps practices
- Work with Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers to design and accelerate customer adoption of cloud and container technologies
- Involved in working closely with customers to ensure you understand their business needs, development practices and application architectures, with a view to modernising their build and run capabilities on cloud and container solutions
The Ideal Candidate
Your Profile :
- 2+ years using automated application build and deployment pipelines integrated with Docker Enterprise, Red Hat OpenShift or other Kubernetes based container platforms
- Good technical skills and knowledge if operating systems (Linux or Windows)
- Understanding of container runtime, orchestrator, networking and storage concepts.
- Experience of one or more public cloud container solutions (ECS, AKS, GKE etc.) is desirable.
- Knowledge of systems monitoring and management tools for application running on public cloud services (eg, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Azure’s - Monitor, Log Analytics, Application Insights etc..)
- Experience of CI/CD, SCM and automation tooling, (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, Git and Ansible)
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures