Access Management Specialist – Active Directory
To be the focus of technical excellence relating to Active Directory User and Group security design and implementation
Project Based Duties (60%)
- Work as part of a team to deliver complex solutions either as lead specialist or Project team technical resource.
- Actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Identifies, assesses and advises on risks to the success of the project.
- Consults on viable and valid system solutions which involve changes to working conditions and practices, showing understanding, imagination and creativity in designing such solutions.
- Pays full regard to both internal and external standards and requirements such as audit standards, data management standards, security standards, good practice and legislation.
- Deliver Project service and support take-on documentation using appropriate mix of text versus graphics.
- Produce ad-hoc technical proposals suggesting improvements to the GIS estate
Support and Administration Duties (30%)
- Investigates and diagnoses complex end-to-end access problems, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate.
- Assist with the Selection of appropriate standard procedures and tools, and carries out defined tasks associated with the planning, installation, upgrade, operation, control and maintenance of the relevant specialisation.
- Ensuring all appropriate documentation is updated throughout the solutions lifecycle.
- Act as technical advisory to other team members. E.g. suggest resolution to operational issues using all information available.
- Liaise with other teams within IS to resolve wider operational technical issues.
- To provide support with audits and findings
Housekeeping Duties (10%)
- To periodically review the suitability of enterprise roles
- To maintain the databases held centrally that are in use by other teams within Group Central Services
- To review the list of request approvers and take appropriate action to ensure the relevance and suitability of the list
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge & Key Skills
- Extensive experience of the relevant software application (Active Directory)
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting including creation of Function & Modules and retrieving data from external sources such as databases.
- Proven experience of working in a multi-domain environment with cross-forest authentication
- Windows Server administration (from Win2008 to Win2016)
- Understanding of RBAC and PAM (“Role Based Access Control” and “Privileged Access Management”)
- Good understanding of database technologies (SQL/Oracle/Access)
- Ability to maintain databases to DBA level
- Experience of role-based NTFS permissioning using AGDLP or AGUDLP
- Must be familiar with working in an environment where changes are managed and controlled
- Proven experience of high standards of customer service
- Good Microsoft Office competency, especially Microsoft Excel
- Process driven.
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment
- Excellent Interpersonal, literacy and numeracy skills and ability to build relationships at all levels
- Comfortable with occasional international travel
- Reporting and presentation skills
- Understanding of the application of GRC, ISMS, ISO27001 and GDPR in an AD environment
- Previous experience in multi-national companies where English is not the first language for most employees
- Ability to maintain databases to DBA level
- Experience of being an escalation point for support tickets
- French or German fluency
- Active directory design and architecture
- Has or is working towards an Info Sec qualification: ISO27001, CISSP, CISM etc.
- Knowledge and exposure to Identity and access management suites and Active Directory connectors.
- Knowledge and exposure to Privilege Access management using CyberArk.
- Java script development skills a plus.
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services worldwide, enabling users and their business in a digital world. Our 15,000 employees worldwide support our customers on their path to digital transformation. Since our foundation in 1981, we have grown steadily and we are proud to have been able to provide first-class support to our local & international customers with their IT strategy and concepts, implementation of the best-suited technology and management of their IT infrastructure anywhere in the world that it’s needed.
In doing this, we help CIOs and IT departments, in organisations around the world, maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
As we indicate in our values, Winning Together, we pride ourselves in our teamwork, our dedication to our keeping our promises, and offer a work environment that is friendly, open and supportive. Just like our customers, we want to see our employees learn and grow to their fullest potential.