AWS Architecture Consultant
You will provide Cloud delivery expertise that meets the complex needs of your customers and supports their overall IT strategy. Your expertise will centre around an in-depth understanding of cloud-based architectures, specifically AWS but will also encompass Azure or Google cloud solutions as well. You will be evangelist, consultant, architect and more to your customers ensuring your designs meet their performance, scalability, security, operational and cost needs
You come from a background of working closely with very senior customers architecting and delivering public cloud solutions, particularly around AWS. You’ll live and breathe AWS best practices built on in-depth knowledge of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, CloudWatch and CloudTrail as well as cloud networking security concepts such as Subnets. Combine this with scripting/automation skills and you will be exactly the person we are looking for.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of architecting and delivering public cloud solutions, particularly around AWS.
- 5+ years of production experience within either AWS, Azure or Google cloud.
- Establishing AWS best practice in line with the AWS Well Architected Framework and AWS Landing Zones concepts.
- Strong understanding of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB’s, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, VPC’s, IAM, CloudWatch, AWS Config and CloudTrail.
- In-depth understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as Subnets, security groups, NACLs, WAF, routing and firewalls.
- Solid understanding of AWS availability zones, regions and HA strategies.
- Strong scripting/automation skills. • Good understanding of managing environments via Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect Associate.
- Experience of using Amazon’s CloudFormation service and a third-party tool such as Terraform.
- Good understanding of DevOps principles and technologies such as CI/CD pipelines, config management tools (AWS SSM or Ansible), automation systems (Jenkins).
- Worked with Version Control Systems (GIT)
- Good understanding of Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience integrating AWS with third party security appliances such as Cisco, F5 or Palo Alto.
- Certified Solution Architect Professional, SysOps Administrator Associate, Developer Associate or DevOps Professional.
Competitive + Car + Benefits
About the Company
Europe’s leading Supplier of independent IT infrastructure services has a well-deserved reputation for providing cutting edge solutions to a diverse customer base. Due to continued record growth they are now looking to expand their Consultancy Practice team to meet the growing demand for inspirational Cloud solutions from these customers.