AWS Architect Consultant
Computacenter are looking for an Automation Consultant with an in-depth understanding of cloud based architectures, specifically AWS.
You will be responsible for providing AWS delivery expertise to deliver infrastructure that meets our Customers business requirements within their overall IT strategy. The role will also involve staying at the forefront of new technologies and new vendors, working within a Practice of 260 consultants.
- Serve as a SME to deliver AWS infrastructure and technically lead the implementation of solutions
- Involved in working closely with customers to understand their requirements, architect and implement solutions
- Developing infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or AWS CloudFormation, and deployment of this into production environments
- Hands on experience of delivering automation toolchains using tools such as Ansible and Jenkins
- Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced by the team
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings
- Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed.
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of Architecture related work, particularly around AWS
- Establishing AWS best practice in line with the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Strong understanding of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB’s, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, VPC’s, Security Groups, IAM, Cloud Formation
- Hands on experience of using Terraform in a production environment
- In-depth understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as IP subnets, security groups, NACLs, routing, firewalls.
- Solid understanding of AWS availability zones, regions and HA strategies
- Strong scripting/automation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field - or very significant experience required
- AWS Solution Architect or Developer – Associate Certification
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.