AWS Architecture Consultant
Computacenter are looking for a Consultant with an in-depth understanding of cloud-based architectures, specifically AWS.
You will be responsible for providing AWS delivery expertise to deliver infrastructure that meets our Customers business requirements within their overall IT strategy. The role will also involve staying at the forefront of new technologies and new vendors, working within a Practice of 260 consultants.
- Serve as an AWS evangelist, consult and provide technical guidance on AWS design, governance, performance, scalability, security, operations and cost control best practices
- Assess the customer cloud maturity, review existing AWS cloud implementations, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Design AWS architecture to enable cloud migration programs, analyse existing application and IT services portfolios, develop assets’ migration, transformation and automation approach, craft implementation roadmaps
- Day-to-day lead the customer through the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud and DevOps transformation
- Hands-on experience with various enterprise applications and IT services, as well as application transformation, compliance and security, and IT operations disciplines
- Responsible for the quality of all technical deliverables produced by the team
- Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings.
- Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed
- Provide technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions
- Identify other Computacenter service and sales opportunities.
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
The Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of architecting and delivering public cloud solutions, particularly around AWS
- 5+ years of production experience within either AWS, Azure or Google cloud
- Establishing AWS best practice in line with the AWS Well Architected Framework and AWS Landing Zones concepts
- Strong understanding of core Amazon infrastructure including EC2, S3, ELB’s, Auto scaling, Lambda, RDS, VPC’s, IAM, CloudWatch, AWS Config and CloudTrail
- In-depth understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as Subnets, security groups, NACLs, WAF, routing and firewalls
- Solid understanding of AWS availability zones, regions and HA strategies
- Strong scripting/automation skills. • Good understanding of managing environments via Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Competitive - Car package + Benefits
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent IT provider, with about 15,000 employees worldwide. We work at the heart of digitalisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, optimising its performance, and managing our customers’ infrastructures.