3rd Line Network Engineer
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
If you’ve set your heart on a career within IT, join Computacenter as a 3rd Line Network Engineer in Stevenage on a permanent basis and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to succeed.
- Fault Management - In depth Call and incident Management – Customer facing
- Escalations – Ensure the right technical level input is provided for all assigned escalations
- Service Design – Support the Operational and Design Architects to provide a customer design that meets customer and Computacenter requirements
- Changes – Manage and implement all Non Standard and Standard Technical requests
- Pro Active – Provide technical leadership in all proactive tasks, identifying gaps and providing solutions that meet Computacenter and customer expectations
- Tooling – Integrating Computacenter tools into customer environments
- Documentation – It is critical for all customer documentation to be kept 100% up to date.
- Participate in team and sector meetings
- Utilise the business tool suite to manage day to day tasks
- Ensure accurate completion of all incident records and associated paperwork
- Updating - the call management system as required
- Reporting - Assist with SLA reporting when required
- Security - Adhere to customer and Computacenter Security Policies
- Worksheets – Update accurately worksheets and system pricing tools as documented
The Ideal Candidate
IOS and NXOS Switches, 6509 and Nexus Core and Cisco edge switches.
10K ASR Routers, knowledge of OSPF Required.
Cisco ASA Firewalls
Checkpoint NG Firewalls
Juniper Screenos and SRX Firewalls
Cisco Controller based Wifi
Efficient IP IPAM solution
F5 LTM Loadbalancers
Cisco and Juniper Firewall VPN Solutions
Bluecoat Proxy SG Appliances & Bluecoat Director for management.
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.