3rd Line DBA - Oracle Database Administrator
We are looking for an experienced Security Cleared (minimum SC) Third Line Oracle DBA who will join a team supporting major customers. The role is based in our Hatfield or Nottingham Office.
- The DBA Technical Operations service delivers proactive management and maintenance under BAU of the core technologies, ensuring contracted service availability and is backed by service level agreement. Consultation and project work is part of our non-standard service offering along with additional out of hours support coverage for major incidents. The management principles based on ITIL best practice ensures consistent delivery across all technologies and from each service location. These same principles are applied to the underpinning infrastructure which the Oracle services are so critically reliant upon.
The ideal Candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing specialised DBA support across Oracle Server based platforms. They should possess excellent troubleshooting skills and demonstrate the ability to make key technical decisions on their own accord. Excellent communication skills, both face to face and on the telephone, whilst having the ability to assess and prioritise tasks without close supervision is essential.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing, developing and deploying of Oracle technologies on Windows, Unix, Linux and Virtual Platforms
- Offering solutions and workarounds to incidents/problems
- Working to SLAs and deadlines
- Review of services and application delivery
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at a single time
- Establishing a good working relationship with wider teams and customers alike
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
- Work with a variety of customers to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
- Providing On-Call Out of Hours Support
- Willingness to Travel (Infrequent)
- Document writing / process creation
The Ideal Candidate
The Candidate should have experience in the following:
- Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c RDBMS
- Oracle Automatic Storage Management
- Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c RAC (Multi-platform)
- Oracle Clusterware / Oracle Restart
- Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5 to R12 (Core Financials, iProcurement, CRM, Telesales, HR/Payroll, Online’Offline Sales, Manufacturing)
- E-Business Suite Specialists in Installations, Upgrades, Migrations, Supporting and Patching.
- Oracle Discoverer 11g
- Business Intelligence
- Database Architecture – Design through to Implementation
- Logical & Physical Database Design
- Sizing (DB and Platform)
- Capacity Planning
- Health Checks
- Performance Tuning & SQL Performance Tuning
- Backup and Recovery
- Proactive Monitoring
- Mentoring of Oracle staff (Support and Technical)
- Shell Scripting
- Change management
Desirable Knowledge, Key Skills and Critical success factors
- UK Based, SC (Security Clearance) essential
- Multi-Platform O/S Support and administration including Solaris, HPUX, Linux, Egenera, AIX, Windows, SCO
- Self-Driven Individual with the capability to break out of their comfort zone and technology area
- Knowledge/Understanding of good information security practice from a technical and management perspective
- Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL v3, ISO 20000 and ISO27000
- Understanding of Patch & Deployment methodologies
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Exposure to Virtualisation technologies (VMWare, XenServer and Hyper-V)
- Understanding of encryption – Hard disk / removable media
- Cloud Computing – Azure, AWS
Location - Nottingham or Hatfield
Salary - Competitive
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Computacenter provides user support, supply chain management, and secure provision of applications and data to support individual working styles and improve collaboration. To achieve this, we assist with consulting as well as the implementation and operation of networks and datacenter infrastructures on or off customers’ premises and in the cloud.
Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa, Asia and the Americas from which our employees provide user support in 30 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.