2nd Line Analyst - 24/7
An opportunity has arisen for a 2nd Line Support Analyst to join our dedicated customer Batch, Scheduled Task and Event team in Nottingham. The role requires an initiative driven and proactive individual, with an understanding of IT infrastructure to work in triage support across multiple customers within multiple technologies. The roles will focus on remotely resolving incidents, increasing the first time fix rates and Batch and Event monitoring.
As a part of your role you will be responsible for.
- Incident and Request Management
- Batch Monitoring and Management
- Event/Alert Monitoring and Management
- Daily checks – perform, report on and action as appropriate
- Responding to service calls and resolve incidents to ensure SLA targets are achieved
- Increasing the First Time Fix rate
- Adhere to escalation procedures
- Assisting with technical escalations for other team members
- Ensuring accurate completion of all incident records and associated paperwork
- Monitoring call queue and follow up with specialist support teams for resolution
- Contributing to and use the sites procedure file
- Utilisation the Remedy tool suite to monitor progress of all incidents
- Assistance with SLA reporting
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role you will have.
- Experience in a 2nd Line Support capacity, with demonstrable experience of resolving incidents for multiple customers
- be able to be security cleared
- A broad technical knowledge of multiple Technologies including Wintel, Unix and Mainframe
- Good working knowledge of current software packages
- Good working knowledge of operating systems
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to resolve incidents in the server environment/operating systems used by the customer
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Contributes to, supports and works within the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Good customer skills
We would also welcome knowledge of Wintel Technologies, experience in the use of MS Word and Excel, commercial awareness, experience of Remedy or understanding of ITIL Framework.
Location - Nottingham
About the Company
Computacenter is a leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their business in a digital world. We advise organisations on IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology, optimise its performance, and manage our customers’ infrastructures. In doing this we help CIOs and IT departments in enterprise and corporate organisations maximise productivity and the business value of IT for internal and external users.
Computacenter provides user support, supply chain management, and secure provision of applications and data to support individual working styles and improve collaboration. To achieve this, we assist with consulting as well as the implementation and operation of networks and datacenter infrastructures on or off customers’ premises and in the cloud.
Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa, Asia and the Americas from which our employees provide user support in 30 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.