Third Line Storage Analyst
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a 3rd Line Storage Analyst to join our 3rd Line Support team either in Hatfield or in Nottingham.
Within this role you will be responsible for ensuring the success of the Company's Managed Services, Infrastructure Operations, in achieving its strategic and financial goals. This position is accountable for our customers’ storage infrastructure technical support. The principal function of the Senior Storage Systems Engineer position is to plan and manage the installation, configuration, tuning and support of SAN and storage hardware and software including DR appliances according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality and availability for all the company's Managed Service customers in a 24x7 Enterprise Storage Systems environment using predominantly NetApp, Dell/EMC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise and IBM technologies.
As part of your role you will be responsible to
- Administer storage hardware components specifically focused on EMC, but will also include NetApp, HP, Dell and IBM
- Demonstrate working proficiency in SAN fabric management (ISLs, utilization, zoning, masking, aliasing etc.)
- Knowledge of SAN hardware and software for Cisco & Brocade fabric architectures.
- Understanding of storage protocols and their use including iSCSI, Fibre Channel, FCoE, CIFS, NFS, NDMP protocols and hardware which uses these products
- Maintain partnerships and leverage market technologies associated with SAN vendors, product enhancements and product roadmaps to determine how they can be beneficially applied to Managed Service Customers’ Enterprise
- Maintain current knowledge of storage-related trends and issues including current emerging technologies and best practices
- Provide performance analysis, develop disaster recovery plans, lead efforts towards storage consolidation and identify storage growth, manage configurations of storage media and storage management software.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to develop a roadmap that ensures that the current and planned technical backup solutions are compatible with the company's business needs and strategic objectives
- Develop, implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection
- Willingness to manage a 24x7x365 storage environment including on-call rotation, weekend work, etc.
- Experience in design and documentation of backup/restore strategies via enterprise class backup solutions such as Evault and automated tape library systems
- Supporting storage in a Hyper-V / VSphere virtualization environment
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role you will
- have more than 5 years' experience of Managing, Maintaining, Configuring & Trouble Shooting of large enterprise SAN's environments.
- more than 3 years' experience with EMC Storage
- be eligible for security clearance
- havea good understanding of ITIL Service Operations; Incident, Request, Problem & Change Management as it relates to a support role
- be able to communicate clearly with peers as well as management
- be self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- have flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- have the ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward
- have excellent communication, writing, meeting facilitation skills
We would also welcome experience with performing capacity planning, performance analysis and development of data disaster recovery plans as well as supporting more than one of the main storage vendors.
As for the qualifications holding a BSc/BEng degree in any technical discipline and vendor certifications for EMC, NetApp, HP, IBM, Dell are considered as advantages.
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We can advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our clients’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about us
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
- Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
- At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.