Third Line Network Specialist
If you’ve set your heart on a career in IT, join Computacenter as an 3rd Line Network Analyst and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to realize your ambitions in Global Infrastructure Operations.
We’ve become Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So you’ll know exactly what’s expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we’ll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop
The Global Infrastructure Operations Division forms the core for Infrastructure Support for most of the Contractual Services delivered to our customers from Event Management through to Data Centres. Over the last few years Computacenter has been successful in winning more and more complex Managed Service contracts and their entire IT infrastructure is managed and supported by Computacenter.
As part of your role you will be involved in
- Fault Management - In depth Call and incident Management – Customer facing
- Escalations – Ensure the right technical level input is provided for all assigned escalations
- Mentoring - Provide mentoring to 2nd line analysts to ensure an increase in technical skills
- Service Integration – Provide technical leadership in the implementation/take on of new customers and services
- Service Design – Support the Operational and Design Architects to provide a customer design that meets customer and Computacenter requirements
- Changes – Manage and implement all Non Standard and Standard Technical requests
- Pro Active – Provide technical leadership in all proactive tasks, identifying gaps and providing solutions that meet Computacenter and customer expectations
- Tooling – Integrating Computacenter tools into customer environments
- Documentation – It is critical for all customer documentation to be kept 100% up to date.
- Participate in team and sector meetings
- Utilise the business tool suite to manage day to day tasks
- Ensure accurate completion of all incident records and associated paperwork
- Updating - the call management system as required
- Reporting - Assist with SLA reporting when required
- Security - Adhere to customer and Computacenter Security Policies
- Worksheets – Update accurately worksheets and system pricing tools as documented
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role you will have
- Relevant technical qualifications - such as
- CCNP R&S/Security or relevant experience (Highly desired)
- Solid understanding of Data Centre deployments (desired)
- Firewall Technologies (Cisco ASA, Juniper)
- Checkpoint – CCSA/CCSE
- Understanding of proxy technologies (Ideally Bluecoat)
- Load balancers (Citrix Netscalers, F5, Cisco ACEs,).
- Authentication technologies (Ideally Cisco TACACS and/or RSA)
- Experience in a 3rd Line Support capacity, with experience of resolving incidents for multiple customers
- A broad technical knowledge of Cisco Technologies, Juniper (LAN/WAN) and a good overall understanding of Firewalls and a good understanding of IT Networks infrastructure
- The ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment as well as resolve incidents in the Network environment used by the customer
You will also have excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and customer skills, will be able to take a methodical approach to service issues and will be able to work under pressure.
Any experience of working in a NOC environment, technical knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, firewalls or relevant qualifications would be welcomed as well as a good understanding of ITIL.
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We can advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our clients’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about us
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
- Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
- At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.