Third Line Messaging Team Lead
The Messaging & Collaboration service delivers proactive management and maintenance under BAU of the core technologies, ensuring contracted service availability and is backed by service level agreement. Consultation and project work is part of our non-standard service offering along with additional out of hours support coverage for major incidents The management principles based on ITIL best practice ensures consistent delivery across all technologies and from each service location. These same principles are applied to the underpinning infrastructure which the Messaging service is so critically reliant upon.
• Fully understand the services that Computacenter has been engaged to deliver in line with contractual arrangements
• Service Line Owner for Technology Stream. (Owns and is responsible for the Technology Service Line)
• Manage operational relationships between technical teams and service management to drive service delivery and customer excellence
• Adherence to agreed SLA/KPIs
• Identify tooling & process efficiency improvements to drive down costs whilst improving delivery of services and improving Customer perception of GIO services
• Promote information security including mitigating risks, preparing for and managing critical security incidents (such as ransomware attacks) and ensuring patching schedules and compliance reports are available.
• Assure adherence to Computacenter policies and procedures
• Communicate effectively with all levels with regards to ongoing operational matters
• Attend functional management meetings
• Submit commercial forecasts for the Messaging, Mobility and Collaboration service line each month
• Performance Management to include but not limited to; Objective setting, measurement, monitoring, productivity, Utilisation and appraisal of staff. Regular feedback via 121s, talent management, performance standards and performance improvement plans.
• Adherence to all relevant legal, company & organisational HR policies & procedures
• Duties to include time on task quantity, adherence to process, resource forward scheduling/planning, pipeline management, management and administration of BAU and project activity, management of out of hours support scheduling.
• Assist in resolving any escalations
• Manage upwards and set adequate expectations
• Responsible for monitoring & approving overtime, standby, expenses and administrating standard pay systems (CATS) & processes (Along with MARS timesheet management)
• General Administration including facilitating and running team meetings, recruitment requests, headcount forecasting, and Starters & Leavers process.
• Technical Operational Process; Responsible for Maintenance and Administration of the team technical operational process, which includes; skills matrix, customer access matrix, asset register, SAP, Non-technical capability analysis and training plans.
• Continual Improvement; Responsible for the facilitation and management of all Corrective Actions Plans aligned to the Section as well as support and provide input into any Service Improvement Plans owned and managed by service management, often utilising multiple teams. Responsible for driving Continual Service Improvement via the QMF framework for your service line.
• Develop productive relationships with service management and customers
• Develop productive relationships with Client Services, 1st/2nd//3rd Line Technical teams and any other key stake holders to enable training & development of own team
• Leadership of all team members and extended virtual leadership and mentoring of analysts outside of the immediate teams
• Provides feedback for Performance Management of own team members
• Providing coaching, mentoring and support to staff under direct line management
The Ideal Candidate
- Understanding and Knowhow of Messaging and Collaboration Technologies
- Self-Driven Individual with the capability to break out of their comfort zone and technology area
- Knowledge/Understanding of good information security practice from a technical and management perspective
- Demonstrable knowledge of ITIL v3, ISO 20000 and ISO2700
- Understanding of Patch & Deployment methodologies
- Demonstrable previous experience as a team leader or manager of an Operations team
- Evidence of ability to build relationships to all levels within the organisation
- Evidence of delivery of change (process, technology & culture)
- Evidence of adaptability/flexible to changing demands
- Evidence of ability to work under pressure
- Evidence of ability to influence
- Demonstrable knowledge of similar operational environments
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong People Management skills – interpersonal skills, performance management skills, interviewing
- Good understanding of an outsourced delivery environment/model
- Good understanding of how the P&L financial process works.
- Experience of implementation of governance frameworks across global virtual teams
- Understanding of internal/external customer business needs
- Proven track record of driving and delivering consistent and constant service improvement
- Adherence to agreed SLA’s and KPIs for the service line as a whole
- Increased efficiency via Service Improvement
- Reduced Senior Management escalation
- Improved Customer Satisfaction ratings
- Meeting Contractual obligations
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We can advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our clients’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about us
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
- Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
- At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.