Test Analyst - Test and Validation
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
If you’ve set your heart on a career within IT, join Computacenter as a Test Analyst in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to succeed.
The Analyst will work closely with the Team Manager, Environment Manager, Release Management and other stakeholders (3rd party supplier/ service management and customers).
Responsible for co-ordinating the testing schedule in collaboration with Release Management and our 3rd party supplier, whilst managing associated administration, resource requests and reporting to help deliver a full end to end Test Management Service.
This will be a busy and exciting time for the right candidate, and an opportunity to help build a new capability within our Managed Service business.
Communication – (20%)
- Liaison with all stakeholders
- Close liaison with Release Management/3rd party supplier for planning and execution of test schedules
- Report progress against the agreed test schedule progress / issues to line management
- Highlight any risk or delays to service delivery
Task Planning, Coordination And Execution – (60%)
- Ensure testing activities have been fully authorised and where charges are required they are managed accordingly
- Manage the workflow through pre production and production phases environments
- Ensure any failures are noted, reported and managed through to conclusion, with assistance from team and 3rd party
- Escalate to line management any issues with timely delivery of the customer deliverables based on agreed test plans
- Ensure 3rd party delivers in line with expectations (roles and responsibilities against testing schedule/agreement)
Reporting – (20%)
- Produce Progress, Completion, SLA and KPI related reporting for stakeholders against agreed testing schedule
- Ensure any failures or deviation from the test plan and schedule are reported accordingly with commentary
- Produce general Management Information reporting to an agreed schedule and when required
The Ideal Candidate
- Security Clearance, or able to undergo Security Clearance
- Experience of Test Management/Release Management or exposure as a scheduler/co-ordinator of these
- Experience of working both as and under a managed service agreement
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly (Proven history of working under pressure and how to adapt to a multi-method environment)
- Self motivated, able to work off own initiative or as part of a team when required.
- Financially aware, able to link actions to costs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications supported within relevant areas.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to take ownership of, and progress escalations to resolution and to the satisfaction of the client.
- ITIL Foundation
- Active Directory
- SCCM or equivalent
- Other Enterprise System Administration Tools
- Close attention to detail
- Understanding of Risk Management principles
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.