Technical Contact Centre Consultant (Avaya)
Due to the growth in business and subsequently work load, Computacenter is looking for a technical consultant, to join their close-knit global IT function in Hatfield, dedicated in helping manage our global multi-media.
Your experience in both IT applications and infrastructure, means you have an appreciation of the needs of a complex multi-media contact centre with many integration points.
You have enough knowledge and experience in a variety of technologies to be able to converse with other technical specialists in their fields, to address concerns and issues & deliver solutions.
The Team has the objective to “Provide Contact Centre Systems that operate and perform, whilst always delivering professional support, consultancy and project delivery services”. To support the team objective we envisage your time will be spent as follows:
- 10% of time gathering and validating functional and technical requirements, into a serviceable technical design. You will then be using this for stakeholder sign-off, and then working with other teams to deliver your solution. You are confident and adept enough to question if the requirements to a business problem is being “over-engineered”. Your projects will mostly cover improvements to existing solutions as well as a few new-to-business solutions.
- 70% of time delivering your technical projects. This means working with other technical specialists to make sure things work, making sure your project plans stay on track, getting suppliers and third parties to commit to deadlines, and tackling issues head-on - arising from your test plans - in a timely manner. This also requires using your broad knowledge & experience to understand others people’s concerns & risks (whether technical or not) and then to find a way forward.
- 10% of time creating concise and comprehensive documentation. This will be requirements documents, technical specifications, project plans, risk/action logs, test plans, raising controlled changes, support handover documentation, and general update communications.
- 10% of time providing subject-matter-expert advice to other members of the team. You are happy to help spread your knowledge of contact centres, infrastructure considerations, VoIP network concerns, server performance, contact centre performance reporting principles, etc
The Ideal Candidate
- You have a broad generalist IT background. You will be able to converse with other technical teams, suppliers and vendors about networking, server performance, virtualisation (i.e. VMware), Citrix, web services, contact centre best practices, telecoms, emails systems, IIS/Apache web sites, application issues in Windows environments, networked load balancers, Windows/Linux operating systems and database management principles.
- You always consider the financial, operational, security, legal and supportability impact of everything you work on. You are adept at communicating risks and limitations to a variety of technical and non-technical staff, at various levels.
- You can analytically take apart issues arising in your projects and suggest viable options to resolve and move forward.
- You will need to rapidly grasp the technical architecture of Computacenter’s complex global, Avaya-based multi-media contact centre platform and supporting technologies.
- You have excellent communication skills across a variety of media formats, in front a wide variety of staff levels.
- Avaya / Cisco / Siemens / Genysys multimedia contact centre platforms
- Windows & VMware environments
- Software development projects
To apply, you should have demonstrable experience of delivering complex contact centre and/or communication system technology projects.
Competitive + Benefits
About the Company
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.