Technical Project Support
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We enable users and their businesses by providing great service, keeping our promises and taking responsibility. If you share our approach, why not join us as a Technical Analyst in Milton Keynes?
You’ll work on anything from providing technical support for our contact centre systems that underpin the Global Service Desk (GSD) business to handling technical activities performed through Application and Infrastructure Incident, Problem, Request, Change and project tasks. Be hands on working within proactive maintenance activities including, daily checks across all systems.
We are really looking for a driven individual who takes hold of opportunities to expand their knowledge.
- Providing support to the Business take on (BTO) team for the Global Service Desk (GSD) including data capture, tools discovery and testing.
- Encouraging standardisation and driving innovation across GSD from a tools & process perspective.
- Testing of new tools to ensure that they are fit for purpose for GSD.
- Occasional fulfilment of Business As Usual requests for User administration of GSD tools.
The role will include:
Processing Requests from GSD Management 10%:
- New Starter and Leavers
- Internal moves
- Find my shift Administration
- Wallboard administration
- Avaya/ ACCCM/ CMS administration
- SharePoint administration
- Remedy Decision Tree Set up and amendment
- Remedy Template up and amendment
- Remedy support group updates
- Avaya cube/ Customer report administration
- Verint administration
- Verint Form Creation & Amendment
- Definition of test Requirements
- Creation of Release, Iteration & Test Plans
- Scheduling the Testing Activities
- Running Tests, Recording Results & Logging Incidents
- Triage of Issues & Defects
- Creating and updating Test scripts for new & existing GSD tools
New Business Take on 25%:
- ITSM/ ITSP Data Set review
- Attendance of SMC workshops for new Customers for Incident/ Request
- Data analysis
- Testing – standard CC tools testing for operability
- Fit for purpose testing against the call logging tool (Third party only)
- Tools discovery
New Tool Roll Outs 30%:
- Data capture activities
- UAT & Regression testing
- Implementation & Hypercare
- Tools Consultancy
- Process creation & Amendment
The Ideal Candidate
• Good knowledge of Response, Incident & Request Management
• Understanding of existing tool configuration/administration and RFC process
• Good working Remedy knowledge (ITSP, ITSM &/ Remedy 9)
• Project Management experience
• Methodical and analytical approach
• A good awareness of emerging call centre technologies
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• SQL Server/MYSQL Background
• Excellent Excel skills
• Flexible to travel to UK & International locations (Holds current driving licence & valid passport - willing and able to travel)
Based in Milton Keynes
About the Company
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.