Solution Architect - Workplace
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Solution Architect educated at Graduate level or with relevant experience to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Consultancy Practice within Computacenter, focusing on driving forward our market leading position in Business, Services, Infrastructure and Digital Workplace, providing internal and external strategy and thought leadership, supporting Pre-Sales for customer campaigns, bids, solutions and opportunities, and ultimately helping our customers on their own digital journey.
You will be instrumental in assisting customers understanding, and getting the most out of IT investments by working with them to develop their technology, people and processes for the benefit of their business, customers and employees. Key to your success will be your broad range of long standing and evidenced skills and experiences in designing end to end solutions, building teams and working closely with subject matter experts across all aspects of services and technology disciplines, and delivering technology solutions aligned to contracted services capabilities.
- Advise customers on the drivers for executing organisational change as well as adopting technologies
- Advise customers on the adoption of agile methods of delivery and the impact on IT operations
- Develop close working relationships with key stakeholders in our client’s organisation becoming a trusted advisor to our customers
- Lead, own and support the pre-sales and delivery assurance of digital, technology transformation solutions and services, including responses to large scale and complex customer opportunities, including ITTs, RFPs and RFIs
- Understand, define and present maturity models and roadmaps for customer’s Digital transformation journey
- Collaborate with the sales, technical delivery and operational teams in the development of digital workplace engagements that meet customer requirements
- Discover and analyse customers' IT operations and technical state and provide recommendations for improvement
- Continually build and maintain effective relationships with internal and customer stakeholders, by demonstrating empathy, honesty and informed advice
- Work with the services, marketing, and solutions teams on portfolio and product information launches including enablement and education for customers and employees
- Develop future service offerings and value propositions to keep Computacenter relevant to the market
- Using social media and other means of effective communication for Computacenter, Consultancy and self-marketing, raising awareness and profile, and thought leadership purposes
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience in IT consultancy and thought leadership
- A thorough understanding of IT infrastructure and digital workplace architecture, in support of complex enterprise customer environments, and digital transformation programmes
- A sound technical knowledge of Windows 10 and Office 365 including all aspects of business value, use case and migration is essential to this role
- A breadth of technical knowledge encompassing digital workplace solutions including modern client and application management, enterprise mobility, hybrid services, digital identity, end-user collaboration, information systems and user engagement.
- Proven experience of stakeholder management working with senior internal and customer C-level executives
- Proactive approach in building technical and professional relationships with customers, vendors, partners and internal stakeholders
- Experience in business case development including aspects of business value-add and cost savings
- Proven experience in creating services cost models with appropriate cost levers and the associated quality assurance / governance
- Ability to manage requirements through elicitation, definition, validation and end to end traceability
- Ability to interpret customers' business and technical requirements into IT services and solutions is essential
- An appreciation of IT orchestration and automation would be of advantage
- Proven understanding of business and IT architecture frameworks and methodologies; industry recognised accreditations are a significant advantage
- Proven understanding and application of Consulting and Project Management frameworks, approaches and methodologies; industry recognised accreditations are a significant advantage
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal; a second major European language is a significant advantage
- High standards of quality in documentation skills and presentation experience with mid to large-sized internal and external audiences
- Understanding and articulation of industry trends and potential future directions
- Understanding, adopting and enforcement of corporate governance and assurance policies and processes
- Identification, analysis and management of risks in both pre-sales and in-flight projects and programmes
Solution Architect – Digital Workplace
Competitive salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
Flexible UK base location with regular UK wide travel
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.