Software License Analyst
If you set your heart on a career in IT, join Computacenter as a Software License Analyst. You will work with the Software Licence Managers, as well as each other, ensuring that all of Computacenter’s license management services are provided to our customers in an effective and efficient manner.
The Software License Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of the software license management Best Practice tools and processes in place, performing activities such as Entitlements Management, Reconciliation activities, software metering and re-harvesting.
The Software License Analysts will assist with all aspects, including:
- Updating Licence Entitlement for our customers. This includes:
- Identifying the entitlement
- Preparing and uploading the entitlement into License Dashboard
- Retrieving inventory information and importing the data into our cleansing tools.
- Have a basic understanding of the application lifecycle process flow and an appreciation of some licence models and metrics
- Have good communication skills to enable open and transparent working practices with Computacenter teams
- Adhere to administrative processes in line with company guidelines
- Help the team achieve KPIs, including Report production and distribution.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through effective communication and managing expectations.
- Identify and work towards Continuous Service Improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role you will have
- Relevant technical experience within IT Industry.
- Demonstrable experience with data analysis and interpretation.
- Appreciation of licensing models an advantage.
- Experience of a discovery tool, like:
- SCCM / SMS
- MAP toolkit
- Snow Inventory
- BMC ADDM
- Express Metrix
- VMWare VCenter
- Experience of a licence management tool, like:
- License Dashboard
- Snow Licence Manager
- Software Organiser
- Broad Excel skills. Access skills an advantage.
- Good Customer Service management.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Willingness to work towards Microsoft Software Licensing and/or Software Asset Management accredited (MCP)
Experience in services organisations and environments would be advantageous.
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We can advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our clients’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about us
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
- Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
- At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.