Senior HR Business Partner
An interesting opportunity has arisen to join Computacenter as a European HR Business Partner on a permanent basis to work with key stakeholders across the UK, France and Germany, providing sound strategic support and advice.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join our dynamic forward thinking team and to play a key role in enabling the group HR function to respond to the growing needs of the business. You will need to demonstrate flexible and pragmatic thinking and will be used to working with challenging client groups.
- Act as a people thought-leader, creating both the local and wider HR vision through gaining buy-in from the business and backing this up with solid delivery of the people agenda.
- Partnering the business at a strategic level, identifying and delivering OD initiatives.
- Understanding business objectives and aligning them to the HR strategy to support optimum business performance.
- Contribute to the development of the people agenda and deliver required transformations.
- Provide recommendations, expert advice and quality decision making across business functions, specifically working with the senior management team
- Build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders both in the UK practices and other designated functions across Europe
- Identify areas for improvement and make recommendations in line with business needs.
- Lead the evaluation of continuous improvement and innovation across all aspects of HR operations.
- Keep abreast with strategic company developments to ensure the wider picture is considered when advising and implementing all HR processes
- Identifying talent requirements and talent pipeline and working with key stakeholders to support succession planning processes.
- Ensure performance management processes are fully implemented and that employee relations are robust and these relationships develop high employee morale and strong employer brand
- Coaching and supporting key stakeholders and managers ensuring that they have sufficient knowledge to execute objectives.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will have held senior HR leadership positions and have experience of operating as part of a Management Team OR at board level.
- Will have the vision to develop a people strategy, as well as a proven track record in the delivery of HR services and projects, ideally in a highly people-led business.
- Will have the gravitas and confidence to influence senior stakeholders, and experience of working with a high intellect client group.
- Have a comprehensive HR toolkit developed in a large fast paced organisation, whilst being prepared to get involved in the full range of activities
- Dynamic approach to work, a high degree of resilience, energetic and ability to know what is on the critical path for the business.
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships and to engender trust and credibility within the management teams.
- Previous experience working in France and or Germany with sound practical knowledge of French/German HR and country employment legislation.
- Able to work & drive things independently with numerous different issues at the same time, but at the same time be a strong team player and a have good management/leadership skills
- A strong influencer who is able to understand complex business challenges and quickly establish credibility
- Display a high degree of resilience and resourcefulness
- Willing to travel and stay away on occasions, mainly in Europe but potential for international travel.
Competitive + Benefits and Car
Location - Flexible
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.