Senior Field Engineer
If you’ve set your heart on a career in IT, join Computacenter as a Senior Field Engineer and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to realize your ambitions in our Government division.
We’ve become Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So you’ll know exactly what’s expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we’ll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop.
The Global Infrastructure Operations Division forms the core for Infrastructure Support for most of the Contractual Services delivered to our customers from Event Management through to Data Centres. Over the last few years Computacenter has been successful in winning more and more complex Managed Service contracts and their entire IT infrastructure is managed and supported by Computacenter.
In this role you will be responsible for providing advanced level support and troubleshooting services in the Wintel environment as well as offering simple fixes and fixing known errors. As a Customer Engineer you will be hardware skilled and accredited through the appropriate core vendor training programs to provide desktop, laptop, printer break-fix and support users with their WIFI and basic network connectivity issues.
Typically you will provide software installations and configuration in an existing desktop infrastructure or pre-designed project and will be familiar with current Microsoft desktop Operating Systems., windows 10 & office 365.
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role you will have...
- at least 3 years' experience in a Desktop support role in a Wintel environment.
- Tech bar or Deskside support experience.
- a driving license
- great time management and organizational skills
- excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical users
You will also be able to work in shifts and cover on call duties if required as well as go through various vetting processes and security clearances.
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We can advise customers on their IT strategy, implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our clients’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about us
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
- Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
- At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.