As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Problem Manager in our Global Infrastructure Operations division and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
The Global Infrastructure Operations Division forms the core for Infrastructure Support for most of the Contractual Services delivered to our customers from Event Management through to Data Centres. Over the last few years Computacenter has been successful in winning more and more complex Managed Service contracts. This has driven the need for us to review, change and continually augment our people, tools and processes in order to match the ever increasing complexity of demand.
Delighting our customers is our goal, which means working closely with Sectors, Services & Solutions and the rest of Operations is key to our success. We have some great capabilities. Our focus now is industrialising further in order to become more predictable, with increased reliability, and therefore higher customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have full responsibility of managing all Problems from commencement right through to resolution for one of our largest accounts.
- Drive and control Problem Management investigational activities
- Ensure problem records are kept up to date with clear concise information which easily explains what current investigational steps are talking place
- Developing and maintaining the Problem control process
- Prioritisation of workload using Severity guidelines
- Efficient at managing 50+ problems record activities at any one time
- Monitoring and recommending changes to the effectiveness of error control & Problem processes.
- Manage peer to peer relationships with suppliers and resolver
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Competence in running and controlling problem investigation conference calls and meetings
- Good understanding of technical terminology and the ability to translate that terminology into simple English
- Adherence to process
- Manage own workload and understand escalation process
- Proactive, efficient, driven and understands the importance of delivering a good level service to the customer.
- Identify areas of Service Improvement for the customer and the Problem Management process
- Drive and focus on Incident reduction
- Sound understanding of trend analysis.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive problem management experience in a multi-disciplined technical department
- Experience in trend analysis and proactive problem management
- Proven track record of problem & error control
- Extensive experience working in large scale enterprise environments
- Good communication skills and people relationship skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- ISEB ITIL Problem Management practitioner or higher
Competive + Benefits
Hatfield / Nottingham
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.