Principal Consultant – Cisco Security
We are looking for talented Principal Consultants to join our expanding Security team; Contributing to a wider Group Consultancy Practice hosting some of the best consulting subject matter experts in the UK for Cloud, Workplace, Big Data, and Networking.
The successful individuals will be responsible for providing high value pre-sales and post-sales consulting in a broad and diverse mix of enterprise-scale engagements; you will be a technology expert in the security space and expected to embrace the changing technology horizon both in Industry and Public Sector.
The successful individual will be responsible for owning customer requirements and delivering successful outcomes, either individually or as part of a multi-disciplined team.
Working within a Group Practice of 260 consultants both Service and Personal development will be a key focus to ensure you stay at the forefront of emerging technologies.
· Act as Design Authority for multiple, enterprise-scale Security engagements
· Develop business cases
· Produce detailed Scope of Work documentation to support competitive tenders
· Ensure a high level of quality via documentation and personal representation
· Manage change control of design(s), process related tasks and associated documentation
· Handover project initiation to consultants delivering the solution, post-sales
· Work to define services based on supplier technology and in response to the demands of the market
· Manage relationships with all parties involved in "cradle to grave" solution provision cycle
· Engage in, and manage, Customer demonstrations and Proofs of Concept
· Maintain a high level of industry awareness through training and self-development
· Advise and recommend on future technology and services
· Work closely with Vendors / Partners to keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
· Disseminate knowledge to the other consultants, within the consultancy practice, and other internal service providers.
· Support the Solution and Infrastructure Architects to maintain quality levels
· Develop the PC profile as a ‘go to’ person for security requirements
- Maintain a highly visible profile, internally and externally (with vendors), that promotes the Security team
· Mentor other consultants
· Maintain all administrative documentation as requested
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in security lead objectives in:
- HMG SPF & Accreditation
- Cloud Security Principles
- Information Risk Management
- Information Audit and Compliance
- The candidate must have good experience in defining, carrying out and reporting on security gap analysis and assessments for people, processes and technologies.
- The candidate must have good technical experience in pre-sales, design & delivery in at least 2 of the following vendor areas:
- Cisco Security portfolio (AMP for Endpoint, Umbrella, Cisco CDO & Firepower Management)
- Palo Alto
- Desirable skills in Symantec, McAfee & F5
- Routing and switching skills that complement their Security skills.
- Multi-vendor pre-sales, design, delivery and support experience
- Compliance audit and analysis experience in the following verticals:
- Central Government
- Local Government
- Critical Infrastructure and Control Systems
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- Proven ability in producing documentation for a technical and business audience.
- Ability to deal with sensitive customer issues.
- Ability to present large internal and external audiences.
- To have worked as a lead technical consultant, leading a team of technical consultants in post-sales or operational projects.
- Experience of working within a number of large organisations (more than 1000 IT users).
- Leadership and organisational skills with the ability to provide technical leadership mentoring.
Training & Certification:
- SC cleared or willing to be security cleared
Vendor Training\Certification in at least two of the following or Equivalent:
- Cisco – CCNP/CCIE in Security
- Palo Alto
- RSA Security Analytics
Desirable to hold further security accreditations with ISACA, ISC2, SANS, GIAC
Principal Consultant – Cisco Security
Competitive Salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
UK Wide with travel
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.