Partner Manager / Business Manager
A new and fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Partner Manager to join our Partner Management Team. We are looking for people with Enterprise (Networking, software, storage or server) or Workplace experience with the opportunity to be based at one of our key offices in Hatfield, Reading or London.
As part of this role you will be responsible for driving vendor sales and profitability by executing on business plans, market dynamics, incentives and improving our vendor relationships at all levels.
- Fully understands at a detail level the full dynamics of all vendor compensation programs (rebate, marketing, promotional etc.) and executes own business plan from a starting point of overachieving to maximise profitability of category business
- Detailed & current understanding of the vendor organisation, their solutions, key people, pipeline, their targets and organisation charts
- Provides regular updates to sales of Promotions, Incentives and other information, collaborating with Marketing to ensure business messages are consolidated into campaigns as appropriate and events are planned and executed to a high standard.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors across their organisation, understanding their technology, commercial and product propositions
- Facilitating vendor Quarterly Business reviews and ensuring outcomes are followed-up.
- Proactively assesses and exploits changing markets, technology and product releases to ensure the right propositions are communicated to sales to drive growth
- Drives web shop brand showcases/ featured brands
- Closely works with Sourcing Executive to negotiate favourable commercial terms to ensure Computacenter competitive advantage
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in working as a Partner Manager or sales experience within the IT Industry
- Recent customer facing /vendor facing role in the IT industry
- Able to build, manage and develop a pipeline which delivers the target
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Presentation & communication skills
- Excellent commercial & negotiation skills
- Excellent virtual team management experience
- Strong business planning & analytical skills
- Ability to work in partnership with Category Team members
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Attractive Benefits Package
Hatfield or Reading or London
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 11,000 staff employed across the Group. 2015 adjusted profit before tax was £86.9 million. Revenues were £3.05 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.