Major Incident Manager 24X7
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Major Incident Manager (MIM) in our Global Infrastructure Operations division and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
The Global Infrastructure Operations Division forms the core for Infrastructure Support for most of the Contractual Services delivered to our customers from Event Management through to Data Centres. Over the last few years Computacenter has been successful in winning more and more complex Managed Service contracts. This has driven the need for us to review, change and continually augment our people, tools and processes in order to match the ever increasing complexity of demand.
The successful candidate will manage and coordinate the efforts of the cross-functional service restoration teams to resolve the service outages that occur and ensure service issues are processed with urgency to continually improve downtime impact to the client business.
- Take full responsibility for Major Incident management from initiation until an acceptable client work around is in place
- Total ownership of incidents, problems and change activities that affect service.
- Own all communications during a major system outage
- Ensuring management and business is kept updated as required.
- Ensure post event/incident follow-up actions are addressed as published in any/all preliminary/final analysis.
- Modify Major Incident Manager Procedures and Responsibilities on an as needed basis.
- Review communications history for executive alerts, coaching those who produce alerts that do not meet or exceed our quality and timeliness standards
- Experienced successful high level Major Incident Manager
- Incident and problem management experience.
- Solid experience in an outsourced managed services MIM function or vendor MIM function.
- Customer facing skills.
- Experience with Remedy
- Experience with Training & Project Management
- Understanding of internal customer business needs
The Ideal Candidate
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Experience working in ERP environments (e.g. Oracle Enterprise1, SAP R/3)
- Working knowledge of relevant network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, NFS, NTP, OSI, VPN, NAT, TLA).
- Understanding of multiple operating systems such as HP-UX, Solaris, & Linux.
Competitive + Bens
2 Days, 2 Nights, 5 off
2 Days, 3 Nights, 4 off
3 Days, 2 Nights, 5 off
About the Company
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.