Lead IT Service Manager (Change Manager) – ITIL SDM
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services, enabling users and their businesses. Our Global FTSE 250 business is as much about people as it is about technology. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Lead IT Service Manager / Change Manager and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
The UK Services team are responsible for managing the in life contracted services to all our customers. We engage directly with our customers to ensure Computacenter delivers on our contractual commitments, whilst ensuring our services are aligned to meet our customers’ business needs. Driving continual improvement and operational efficiency is a constant focus of the team and we do this by leveraging the best practice and capability within our shared services factory.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lead IT Service Manager / Change Manager to join our flourishing UK services team, to manage the operational services delivered to a high profile customer based in Hatfield/Reading or South East. Reporting to the Service Director, the successful individual will be responsible for providing a high level consultancy role within specialist area to peer group, customers, suppliers and if applicable direct reports. This person will manage, develop, motivate and coach a team of staff and implement performance management solutions where required.
Other accountabilities will be to:
- Assess situations, issues and opportunities and escalate when appropriate.
- Acting as a point of escalation on complex issues and providing appropriate support to other team members
- Maintain confidentiality in all business related matters.
- Ensure best practice and continual improvement in delivery of service to the business.
- Establishes productive relationships and networks at Senior Management level to build and maintain customer relationships
- Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation
- Proactively anticipate the customer’s needs, adjusting services accordingly through the contract change process
- Collect, analyse, collate and maintain service data from relevant (other) customer suppliers to provide consolidated management information
- Manage multiple suppliers of IT services, under the direction of the customer, ensuring adherence to relevant policies, processes and procedures across the ecosystem
- Optimise the performance and availability of the services whilst maximising value and minimising risk
- Deliver a highly effective, adaptive and systematic process in order to minimise the number and impact of any related incidents upon services across the ecosystem
The Ideal Candidate
The person should be qualified in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL V3) as well as:
- ITIL Lifecycle Certificate in Service Transition
- Proven operational experience of leading a successful change management function across multiple technology towers
- Advanced academic background, preferably to good degree level or equivalent
- Proven commercial acumen
- Good working knowledge of relevant functional systems
- Experience in dealing with and influencing multi-tier management
- Experience of developing best practice processes, policies and procedures for functional area
- Experience of managing ITIL processes across service towers and third parties (SIAM)
Competitive Salary + Car + Bonus + Benefits Package
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Almost 15,000 staff employed across the Group. 2015 adjusted profit before tax was £86.9 million. Revenues were £3.05 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.