Junior Application Support - Contact Centre
Computacenter is looking for a junior IT professional, to join their close-knit global IT function in Hatfield, dedicated in helping manage our global multi-media contact centre applications, for our Global Service Desk business.
This is a rare opportunity to develop and progress your career in IT, so we are therefore looking for an individual that is consistently outperforming in their current role, enjoys learning and is a good problem solver.
Training and development will be provided so that you can progress your knowledge, skills and IT capabilities. Over time and with the right skills and attributes, you will develop into an IT professional specialising in Contact Centre Systems, but also will have a good level of general IT infrastructure and application knowledge.
With support, your work will range from providing technical support for our multi-media contact centre systems and connected applications – to carrying out new configuration builds for customers.
The role is demanding, varied and analytical, and therefore requires some IT knowledge and a strong capacity for problem-solving.
The Team has the objective to “Provide Contact Centre Systems that operate and perform, whilst always delivering professional support, consultancy and project delivery services”.
To support the team objective we envisage your time will be spent as follows:
- 40% of time carrying out standard configuration work for new customers and normal service changes, across several different applications. This will be done though standardised working practices and procedures for the most part.
- 30% of time investigating and resolving multi-system issues from a variety of off-the-shelf, niche and some bespoke applications
- 20% of time communicating with others inside (and outside) of the technical Team to help describe issues, requesting support from third parties, and providing assistance to our Project Managers. Also creating and updating documentation as appropriate, such as procedures and build documents – as well as permanent solutions to problems you have identified.
- 10% of time carrying out regular maintenance activities such as manual backups, capacity and performance checking, patching and daily system checks
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone that has some level of IT knowledge in both applications and infrastructure
- You will have some IT knowledge and experience to be able to take a sensible approach to investigate technical issues.
- You are comfortable working in a support desk environment – you can handle IT incident tickets, gather more information, and summarise findings.
- You are a detailed communicator and analytical investigator – when describing problems to someone else, instead of saying “It’s not working”, your respond by providing a well-structured explanation of the issue.
- You have a strong sense of curiosity that helps learning new technologies and thinking about problems in different ways.
- IT Service Desk first line Analyst performing IT admin tasks and troubleshooting technical issues
- IT junior role performing IT admin tasks and troubleshooting technical issues
To apply, candidates are asked to please include a cover letter.
Competitive + Benefits
Soft shift working hours - (7am - 3pm, 8am - 4pm, 9am - 5pm, 10am - 6pm)
About the Company
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services. We enable users and their businesses by providing great service, keeping our promises and taking responsibility.
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Almost 15,000 staff employed across the Group. 2015 adjusted profit before tax was £86.9 million. Revenues were £3.05 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.