Infrastructure Architect - Networking
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. In our Consultancy Practice division, we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout. If you’re an Infrastructure Architect – Networking (SDN/Wireless) who delivers solutions rather than talks about them, we’re ready to welcome you to the team.
The Consultancy Practice, comprises of around 230 experienced consultants. Their expertise covers a wide range of technology areas and advisory services that supports the delivery of Computacenter's propositions. The consultants are industry recognised as experts in their field, having attained some of the highest vendor qualifications. The consultants are organised into ten focussed teams, covering Networking & Security, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Physical Workplace, Virtual Workplace, Directory, Messaging & Mobility, Enterprise Platforms, Data Optimisation, Cloud, Virtualisation & Automation, Integrated Systems & Implementation and Solutions Architecture. Each team has a Technology Leader and a Resource Manager who lead and manage the consultants.
The Consultancy Practice Mission is: To be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT infrastructure consultancy services in terms of capability, results and the professional development of our people.
What will you be doing?
- Analysing and understanding the customer’s requirements and expectations and selecting appropriate technologies to design an innovative winning technical solution
- Identifying new potential business opportunities within the customer’s organisation.
- Working in industry or commerce in a multinational environment, ideally within a quoted IT service / outsourced service provider
- Maintaining a focus on achieving positive business outcomes in line with the customer requirements.
- Ensuring that each Solution is both financially and practically viable.
- Able to anticipate and manage commercial risks and provide mitigation for any risks
- Quality control and assurance
- Appraising and quality assuring the work produced by others
- Taking full responsibility Technical, Service and Commercial aspects of a Solution assuring suitability and effectiveness in achieving the desire outcome.
The Ideal Candidate
What do we need from you?
Focus and drive
- A proven successful track record in winning outsourcing business opportunities in the infrastructure field e.g. high bid winning ratio relating to comparable business outsourcing wins (Circa. £10 - £50 Million Total Contract Value)
- Professional and dynamic approach, demonstrates a clear passion for delivering Secure IT services and solutions
- A team player capable of leading teams and driving new services forward
- Capable of motivating team members to achieve successful outcomes
- Listens to stakeholders, internal and external and actions information appropriately
- Maintains an Entrepreneurial attitude, able to manage multiple deals simultaneously and can recognise and adapt to business changes.
- Fluent English language written and verbal. Capable of interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to gain respect, trust and confidence of senior management, partners and clients in all situations.
- Capable of articulating the precise nature of any given situation appropriately to the target audience whether technical or non-technical.
- Experience in leading presentations to senior management level both internally and within the client arena. Ideally as part of the bid process.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Ideally Wireless and have Cisco Meraki / HP Aruba and Meraki Wireless
- Understanding of Cisco ACI
- VMWare NSX
- Typically educated to a degree level, hold industry level qualifications or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to undertake and gain Security Clearance to SC level/ have current Security Clearance level
- Willing to travel as necessary in line with business needs
- Experience of working for an organisation in the IT services or consultancy arena
- Customer relationship development and influencing skills
Infrastructure Architect – Networking
Competitive Salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
Flexible base location: Can be based from Reading, London, Hatfield, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Birmingham, and Manchester
About the Company
Computacenter lands six awards at Cisco Global Partner Summit, demonstrating outstanding performance, collaboration and innovation.
Computacenter has showcased its growing networking, software, hybrid cloud and security expertise by scooping six prestigious partner awards from Cisco, all centered around our strategic “go to markets” of Digital Me, Digital Power and Digital Trust.
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.