IT Service Manager
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2015 of £3.25 billion and circa. 12,000 employees. Listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a Service Manager and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
You will be part of a friendly UK Services team based on site located in the Docklands, London for one of our prestigious Financial Services customers, responsible for finding practical solutions to IT problems. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of supply chain products and services to all areas of the customer, also for working with our virtual teams to pro-actively add value to the customer in the supply chain space.
Reporting into the Lead Service Manager, the Service Manager will be responsible for the management of Workplace, Infrastructure and ITIL Services within this busy Managed Service.
As a part of your role you will be:
- Managing key elements of the operational service, including Major Incident Management, Problem Management and Supplier Management
- Managing a team of Service Managers and Service Coordinators
- Liaising with key members of the customer organisation and their Service Integration partner
- Financial management
- Governance and assurance of the Operational Services, including regular interfaces with the Service Director
- Supporting the growth of the account, including business development and Service transition activities
- Manages cost lines of budget/P&L to maintain spend in line with budgetary limitations against the contracted Services delivered
- Provide input into/or creation of the Monthly Service Management Report delivered to the Client
- Identify all risks to the contracted services delivered relationship or a commercial impact and escalate accordingly
- Act in accordance with all Computacenter and customer Policies
- Act in accordance with Computacenter Information Security Policies and report any potential or actual Security events or other Security risks to the organisation
The Ideal Candidate
To succeed in this role you will be an ambitious and tenacious individual ideally with experience of working in a Financial Services environment, who's highly motivated and is a strong leader as well as a great team player. You will be familiar with ITIL best practices, will have experience in Service Management, ideally in a managed services environment and will be able to work under pressure.
The successful candidate will take significant responsibility for the operational service on a day-to-day basis, as well as providing cover for the Service Lead. It is planned that this role will be developed into a Lead Service Manager, looking to support the candidate through the Career Development Board process, and as such, we are looking for a strong Service Manager who has a desire to take on a more senior role.
Competitive Salary + Attractive Benefits Package
Based: London / Docklands
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.