IS Senior Analyst / Programmer
A new opportunity has arisen in our Internal IS Department for a Senior Analyst Programmer. The successful candidate will play a large role in the analysis, support, maintenance and development of companywide web applications from initial analysis to ongoing support. There will be a requirement for out of hours support and to be available on-call. We are seeking an analyst with solid written and verbal communication skills who is keen to follow well structured, best practice principles. This position is as much for an analyst as a developer so should be considered a broader role as opposed to purely development.
This role has responsibility for processing personal data as defined by the Company's Data Protection Policy.
- Takes part in client/user meetings and assists in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- In liaison with colleagues and users as appropriate, performs any of the following tasks: Analyses and models user requirements, specifies information flows, processes and procedures, data objects and dialogues between information systems and their users. Converts parts of logical specifications into more detailed designs taking account of the technical and non-technical features and limitations of the target implementation environment.
- Constructs or modifies, tests and corrects complex program modules from specifications.
- Creates and executes test plans.
- Defines the software modules that comprise an integration build, ensures that they meet the defined software test criteria and produces software builds for loading onto target hardware from software source code.
- Assists in defining, planning and justifying (in business terms) projects to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Works under broad direction and has responsibility for work performed and decisions taken.
- Has considerable autonomy over own activities.
- Occasionally has supervisory responsibility for others.
- Takes responsibility for all stages of development of business systems, including both software development and package implementation.
- Undertakes all work in accordance with agreed technical and quality standards, using appropriate methods and tools in order to achieve well-engineered products.
- Documents all work in accordance with required standards.
- Has the ability to perform support and maintenance.
The Ideal Candidate
- Shows a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving with good attention to detail.
- Able to deal with clients/users in a professional manner.
- Good experience communicating with technical and non technical internal customers at all levels.
- Expert knowledge of C# and MVC (v4 or newer) with 4+ year’s practical exposure.
- Strong web development experience using JQuery, JSON, XML, HTML 5, CSS 3 and Bootstrap
- SQL Server (database design, stored procedure development, LINQ and usage of Entity Framework)
- Experience developing Windows Services
- Development of Web Services with WCF and Web API
- Be able to independently perform diagnosis, plan, test and design solutions
- Expert knowledge of Visual Studio 2015 (or newer) and TFS
- Experience working within a Change and Incident Management environment with strict SLA’s
(In order of preference)
- MVC 5
- SQL Server 2014
- Telerik Kendo
- Entity Framework
- Lambda Expressions
- Razor syntax
- CSS 3.0
- SSIS packages
Competitive Salary + Core & Voluntary benefits scheme
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.