First Line Analyst - Data Center
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centers and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We get to know our customers, so we can respond to their needs – join us as a First Line Analyst in our Global Infrastructure Operations division and we’ll get to know you as a person, not just an employee, so we can understand your interests and ambitions.
These include but are not confined to:
- Working on a shift system in a 24 x 7 x 365 operation
- Access management – access control / site access
- Media Management activities
- Hall Checks
- Floor walks to identify server alerts & LED's
- Assistance with customer on-boarding activities
- Asset Management activities
- Scheduled Task management
- Management of deliveries and collections as per Data Centre policy
- Customer request and incident management using the company Remedy system
- Equipment Inspection (request to inspect external conditions on a server or device such as display lights, visual status, or trace and check cables to ensure cable is plugged in and reseat if possible)
- Escort Engineer (engineers will be escorted to and from the correct area required)
- Device Installation
- Server Reboots / Visual checks
- Power Cycling (request to power reset a server or device)
- Command Entry (request to enter specific commands on server or device)
- Ad hoc Patching (request to carry out ad hoc patching using pre-provisioned cables, installation and connection of patch leads)
- Undertake other ad hoc activities as directed by the Data Centre Management tiers
The Ideal Candidate
- Work on a shift system in a 24 x 7 x 365 operation – Flexibility when working shifts as operators will be required to participate in shift swaps
- Provide cover for other analysts in their absence, either within the same team or across teams, when required. Travel to other Computacenter Data Centres may be required
- Proactive management of customer service requests and incidents through to a satisfactory conclusion on call management system, providing customers with updates on call status and resolution progress.
- Escalate potential service issues initially to designated escalation contact.
- Ensure internal and contractual SLA is maintained.
- Undertake ad hoc activities as directed by the Data Centre Management tiers.
- Understand and ensure all Customer, Data Center and Computacenter procedures and directives are adhered to.
- Carry out regular admin tasks such as tape backups, server checks etc., as required by external and internal customers
- Production of reports, shift handovers, notable event logs, and other reports as required.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of IT support environments within server/networking
- To escalate alert / call to resolution Customer care skills – ability to listen to and understand the customer’s needs
- Excellent time management – able to work on own initiative. Ability to work within a pressurised environment.
- Ability to work in a team or on your own as required.
- Good understanding of service calls and Call management systems or Helpdesk equivalent.
- Experience in rack builds and de-commissions
- Flexibility when working shifts as operators will be required to participate in shift swaps
- Demonstrable experience in providing onsite Data Centre Operational services
- Experience in the service provider marketplace
- AS/400 operator experience and ability
- Full clean driving license
Competitive + Benefits
The role is shift based, including days, nights, week days and weekends, working hours being 12 hour shifts with 1 hour lunch break.
Day shifts are 07:00 – 19:00 and night shifts are 19:00 – 07:00.
About the Company
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.