Datacenter - Solution Sales Specialist
Datacenter Solutions Sales Specialist
Location: London / Reading / Hatfield
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. In our Consultancy Practice division, we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout.
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centres and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
We are seeking a Sales Specialist to join our thriving Datacenter Solutions Business. Computacenter's offerings are developed around best of breed solutions with a Computacenter life time services wrap. The successful applicants will be responsible as subject matter experts to engage, understand, qualify, propose and lead the successful closure of identified Datacenter solutions or service opportunities. The specialist will be responsible for both Supply Chain (DC hardware) and Professional Services opportunities, but also able to cross sell as part of a wider solution into Network, Security and Workplace.
- To provide end-to-end ownership for a specialist aligned opportunity on behalf of the DC business
- Support the qualification process with the customer account teams
- Assisting the customer through a process of understanding their requirements, defining a solution, creating a compelling proposition and will be responsible for negotiating commercials and closing the deal
- Responsible for managing the internal service providers and any external suppliers
- Support, guide and coach the sales team to define, differentiate, develop, lead and close deals across all vertical sectors
- Drive partnership & collaboration with key vendors
- Develop strategy to maximise opportunities and grow market share
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive commercial experience and a demonstrable track record of overachieving targets in Datacenter Solutions sales
- Demonstrable experience of selling IT solutions
- Experience of working as a specialist, (someone who is opportunity aligned rather than customer aligned) and clearly understands the dynamics this brings
- Experience working with Tier 1 Cloud providers (especially AWS, Azure)
- Developing and closing multiple deals in the region of £500k – £10M Revenue, selling to Blue Chip clients in the mid market, Public Sector and Enterprise (c2000+ users).
- Demonstrable vendor experience influencing and developing strategic partnerships
- Proven experience of working with multiple manufacturers and partners; and managing conflicting demands and expectations
- Credible specialist knowledge and can articulate this well whilst communicating effectively with the client up to C-suite
- The ability to work effectively with Computacenter technical solution experts in defining the right proposition for a specific clients' needs
- The ability to manage the entire deal lifecycle from inception to delivery start and commercial close
- The ability to adapt style to customer requirements
- Proven experience of working in a highly customer and business focussed environment
- Strong understanding of strategic and technology issues in the DC market place
- Demonstrable presentation, communication, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Understanding of commercial and risk management in a Solutions environment
- Ability to manage complex sales campaigns, and engaging, building and maintaining relationships at a senior level
- Broad understanding of and ability to position breadth of CC offerings
- Demonstrable experience of commercial management in a services organisation
Competitive basic salary + Car + Uncapped OTE – Fantastic earning potential
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.