If you’ve set your heart on a career in IT, join Computacenter as a Customer Engineer and you’ll find there’s everything in place for you to realize your ambitions.
We’ve become Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services by being open, upfront and straightforward. So you’ll know exactly what’s expected of you, managers will be accessible when you need training and support, your voice will be heard and we’ll take a genuine interest in how you want to develop.
Technical Resource Group (TRG) are the front line engineers. The face of Computacenter. We are the technical staff that enable the users of our customers by owning and resolving their IT issues. We have engineers that simply enjoy being hands on and fixing issues and but we also have a track record of developing our engineers into consultancy, global infrastructure, service manager and project manager roles.
In this role you will be required to provide basic to intermediate level desktop installation, configuration, support and troubleshooting services in a Wintel environment. This ranges from offering simple fixes and fixing known errors to more involved solutions. As a Customer Engineer you will be hardware skilled and accredited through the appropriate core vendor training programs to be able to provide desktop, laptop, printer (non MFD) break-fix support, Wi-Fi and basic network connectivity issues.
Typically you will provide software installations and configuration in an existing desktop infrastructure or pre-designed project and will be familiar with current Microsoft desktop Operating Systems, Including Windows 7, 10 and Office 365.
- Previous experience in a Desktop support role.
- Deskside support experience in an IT Corporate environment.
- Experience of laptop hardware breakfix (preferably on Lenovo, Dell & HP hardware)
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Great time management and organisational skills
- Must be able to articulate advice and technical resolutions to people with differing technical knowledge
- Be willing to work on a 08:00 – 18:00 shift pattern Monday – Friday
- Willing to go through and pass customer specific clearances to work on the customer’s site
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional appearance
- Approachable, friendly and polite
- Patient, a good listener and attentive
- Flexible & adaptable to change
- Motivated / Engaged
- Excellent communication skills, clear and simple
- The ability to communicate to non-technical and technical users
- Time management, well organised
- Customer focused/energised
- Ability to learn new skills
- Experience of working on sites in the Financial Sector
08:00 – 18:00 shift pattern Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 13:00 Saturday (Covering 7.5 hours per day)
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.