Contact Centre Specialist
Computacenter is looking for a unique individual, to join their close-knit global IT function in Hatfield, dedicated in helping manage our global multi-media contact centre applications, for our Global Service Desk business.
Your work will range from providing deep-dive technical support for our multi-media contact centre systems and connected applications – to carrying out new configuration builds for customers.
The role is demanding, varied and analytical, and therefore requires a broad background in IT systems and a strong capacity for problem-solving a variety of IT technologies – and more importantly once solving a problem, you will be challenged to come up with a solution to address this in future.
The Team has the objective to “Provide Contact Centre Systems that operate and perform, whilst always delivering professional support, consultancy and project delivery services”. To support the team objective we envisage your time will be spent as follows:
- 40% of time carrying out standard configuration work for new customers and normal service changes, across several different applications. This will be done though standardised working practices and procedures for the most part.
- 30% of time investigating and resolving complex multi-system issues from a variety of off-the-shelf, niche and some bespoke applications
- 20% of time communicating with others inside (and outside) of the technical Team to help describe issues, requesting support from third parties, and providing assistance to our Project Managers. Also creating and updating documentation as appropriate, such as procedures and build documents – as well as permanent solutions to problems you have identified.
- 10% of time carrying out regular maintenance activities such as manual backups, capacity and performance checking, patching and daily system checks
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for someone that has good general IT knowledge in both applications and infrastructure, with the right 2nd line support skills.
- You are an IT Generalist – we do not expect you will be an expert in one or all technologies but you will have enough knowledge and experience to be able to take a sensible approach to investigating complex multi-technology issues. You should have some familiarity with troubleshooting the TCP/IP stack, telecoms, server admin changes, IIS/Apache web sites problems, virtualisation/infrastructure issues, Windows/Linux errors, database management principles, and application errors in Windows environments.
- You’ve spent time looking after a variety of technologies and can handle delivering permanent fixes to problems. Desirable experience of troubleshooting applications published over Citrix, IIS/Apache based web apps, server performance, desktop installed applications, as well as having knowledge of Windows Server admin and support.
- You are comfortable working in a support desk environment – you can handle IT incident tickets, gather more information, update logs, carry out investigations alone, summarise findings and then either resolve yourself or escalate to third party support vendors, raise and implement changes under controlled procedures that you create.
- You are a detailed communicator and analytical investigator – when describing problems to someone else, instead of saying “It’s not working”, your respond by providing a well-structured explanation of the issue, its scale and impact, and tailor your communications to your audience - all based on your investigations and working so far.
- You have a strong sense of curiosity that helps learning new technologies and thinking about problems in different ways.
- Avaya / Cisco / Siemens / Genysys multimedia contact centre platforms
- Windows & VMware environments
Soft shift working hours - (7am - 3pm, 8am - 4pm, 9am - 5pm, 10am - 6pm)
About the Company
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
- Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
- Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
- Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group. 2016 adjusted profit before tax was £86.4 million. Revenues were £3.25 billion
- Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.