Consultant - Citrix & Netscaler
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Consultant to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Virtual Workplace Team within Computacenter’s Consultancy Practice. With a strong focus on Citrix & Netscaler , this role will provide exciting opportunities to be involved in projects for some of the UK’s largest corporate organisations.
As the UK market leader, with over 55% of Windows 7 enterprise migrations in the UK and the 3rd largest Windows migration partner globally, there are extensive development and training opportunities to aid career progression. This role will provide opportunities for regular travel across the UK.
Citrix Job Description Mandatory skills
Experience supporting / installing / configuring the following Citrix products
- Citrix XenApp version 6.x / 7.x
- Citrix Xendesktop version 5.x
- Citrix Netscaler version 10 / 11
- Netscaler SD WAN
Experience in Citrix XenApp administration tasks
- Using XenApp administrative consoles and tools
- Configuring XenApp resources, policies, server and farm settings
- Configuring and publishing XenApp applications
Experience configuring various components of a VDI environment
- Storage considerations o Setting up machine catalogs
- Capacity and resource planning o Using VMWare Vsphere client
Experience configuring and supporting Citrix Netscaler components
- Creating and migrating configurations in different topologies (Eg. High Availability pair)
- SSL certificate functions and portal setup.
Experience using and upgrading AppSense in a Citrix environment
Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Management
Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy Management
Career history in supporting a Microsoft Windows distributed environment demonstrating problem determination skills, complex project work and adherence to IT processes and standards.
Relevant certifications – MCSE, MCSA, CCA-V or CCP-V or CCE-V, CCP-M, CCA-N or CCP-N
The Ideal Candidate
- Scripting skills, Eg. Powershell
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft Windows 7 support skills and appreciation of changes in Windows 10
- Citrix monitoring and trend analysis utilising tools such as Citrix Edgesight, Microsoft SCOM
- Application Virtualisation - Microsoft App-v v4.6 + v5
- SCCM 2012 OR LATER
Consultant – Citrix & Netscaler
Competitive Salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
UK Wide with travel
About the Company
We advise customers on their IT strategy; implement the most appropriate technology from a wide range of leading vendors and manage their technology infrastructures on their behalf. At every stage we make our customers’ businesses sharper by removing cost, complexity and barriers to change across their IT infrastructures.
Our corporate and government clients are served by offices across the UK, Germany, France, the Benelux countries, Spain and South Africa. We also serve our customers’ global requirements through our extensive partner network.
Key facts about Computacenter
Computacenter is Europe’s leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services & solutions
Our focus is on corporate and government organisations, typically of from 500 to 10,000 employees, and large enterprises of 10,000 or more employees.
Over 12,000 staff employed across the Group with 4100 working in the UK. 2017 adjusted profit before tax was £106.2 million, up from £86.4 million in 2016. Revenues of £3.79 billion an increase from £3.25 billion on the previous year.
Over 70% of Computacenter’s Group revenue comes from services, software, and sales of enterprise products such as servers and connectivity/networking technology
Achieve great things - for yourself, our customers and our business
At Computacenter we win together by making sure all our people have the autonomy to get things done and to find excellent solutions for our customers.